The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting my goat tattooed in a few days :scared: And for a first time goat owner, what do I need to do after she gets tattooed? How do I keep it from getting infected? She is a 9 1/2 month old Nigerian Dwarf and I'm showing her at the fair

Attachments

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Nothing :) she will be fine. I just make sure my tattoo numbers are real clean before using them, And I clean out my goats ears with rubbing alcohol before to be sure they are clean. After that you want to leave it be so it can heal and the ink doesn't come off :)

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,082 Posts
Before you tattoo, clean the ear and and tattooing materials thoroughly. That's all you should have to do ... leave the ears be after the tattooing to heal and for the tattoo ink to settle.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all so much! My goat is getting tattooed on Sunday and I was a little worried on if the ears cod get infected!

·
Dave (TDG Farms) S.E. Washington State
4,956 Posts
I suggest putting a kinda Vaseline over the ink. Its pretty much what tattoo artiest do on people. It helps to draw the ink into the small pin holes and also keep the ink moist longer. Just lightly spread it over. Dont wanna rub the ink off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts