The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

www.wildheartsranch.org
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone care to take a stab at this lady's age? Just picked her up as a rescue. My oldest doe is going on 8 and this one's teeth look a lot older. Hard to get good pics but they're very spread out; maybe half a tooth width gap between them. She has trouble chewing in back too. I'll have my vet check her out but she doesn't have any openings until next month. Poor lady also has feet so bad she can barely walk and is ready to drop kids any day 馃槨 People suck.
Smile Vertebrate Jaw Mammal Gesture

Vertebrate Gesture Carnivore Fawn Felidae

Dog Gesture Finger Fawn Carnivore

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content
Hand Dog breed Jaw Dog Gesture

Hand Finger Nail Terrestrial animal Goat

www.wildheartsranch.org
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Poor thing. So nice you took her in.
I'm a sucker for old ladies, and she's a sweetheart 鉂 She refused to lie down until I got her home last night so she was standing on those feet for 12+ hours with baby weight. Haven't heard a peep out of her; she just leans into me when I hang out giving her scritches.

www.wildheartsranch.org
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found a picture labeled 6-8 years old that looks similar to her - maybe my other doe just has really good teeth for her age? There's a number of 2013/14 goats that I'm pretty sure are the same bloodline as her. They cut off her tag though and she's not tattooed so I can't ID her.

www.wildheartsranch.org
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe lack of good care?
I'm comparing them to that chart. If that's normal than my other doe is really good for her age. I got her as a kid so I know it's correct. It's hard to find many pics of older animals except for that one - anyone feel like trying it on theirs? :p Most of my others are 5 and under.

www.wildheartsranch.org
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

www.wildheartsranch.org
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I hope you're kidding goes well and that she enjoys what time she has left with your good care. Keep us posted on the kids.
It is stories of people's lack of care like that that make me not want to sell my lady so unfortunately at some point I can't keep them all.
Yep, I try to give old ladies that have been with me a while their retirement - that other 8 year ago old is my herd queen and the best producer I've ever owned so she's got her pension locked down. But this lady I'll try to find a nice pet home for once she's all fixed up and her kids are weaned. I'm trying to retain more homebreds to keep making program on my breed goals, so others have to go in order to make room.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts