Aggg How do you take pictures..

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by mistyblue, Oct 10, 2010.

1. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    of baby goats. I have two that are climbing all over me, so no good pictures of them. Then I have two that are still leary of getting close, so they are running away. If that is not bad enough just when I think I am going to get a good shot they take zooming off to play.

Epona you can tell Carrie that Lightning is one that will not stay off of me. Her and her brother turning into love bugs they are so friendly. :love:

2. OhCee

OhCee Yak Lady

Feb 26, 2010
    Western MT
    I use a decoy person/bottle.... or just sit in the pen for about half an hour motionless (harder than it sounds) then they will forget about you and get back to their normal antics :) Good luck!

3. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    With my camera.

Bwahaha.

I'll pass on the info Jen. :p

As for me, I generally just wait until they're bored with me...which takes...forever. Then I chase them around and take about a million pictures. I usually get one or two I can use.

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    either someone holds them or I do as stated - sit and wait for them to get use to me being there. Rarely does that happen so its click click click click and hope one turns out somewhat decent

5. pelicanacresMN

pelicanacresMN New Member

I find a small platform like 2 bales of straw laying on top of eachother against my barn wall. They are usually too leary to try jumping down if they are under a week of age. It's a small space to stand on so they aren't running all over. Then I make weird noises & try to wave one hand up in the air to get their attention while I take a pic with my other hand.

6. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    To get the better ones we wait 'till they have been weaned and then for the most part they are easier to handle.

7. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    Ok I tried the sit and wait method. Kinda worked and kinda did not, the two lovebugs got bored but them two of my mamma's decided that it was their turn to chew on my clothes, sniff me and beg for shoulder scratches.

I will have to either wait for some help or until they get just a wee bit older. I wanted pictures as they do not have that drowned rat look anymore and we have also decided to put Flutter-By up for sale.

8. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

Hmmmm well.....with mine, I give my mom my camera and then just start running in the big pen. Most of my goats will be right behind me twisting and flying in the air haha so we get some cute pics. Then they are pretty tired and just want to cuddle, I usually get good pics then!

But I never get pics when I try....I just take pics everytime randomly and sometimes it works....Baby goats know they are cute lol just tell them they arent ;)