The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have read that goats are quite aggressive playing and questioning leadership roles and such. I only have two wethers and my Pygmy, whom is bigger, is a huge bully during feeding time so I started tying him like we do with our bully horse at feed time. My old man doesn't stand a chance and he needs the food more. Same situation with my goats but when he is tied the little one takes his time eating and even walks away sometimes! I don't get it. If I let my Pygmy go they will fight over it. Should I just remove the food so he learns to eat while its there? He won't die without the alfalfa pellets bc they have plenty of hay. Or should I just let them fight over the food? I hate it bc that wasted food they end up flipping the bowl over.

·
Registered
30,643 Posts
Actually wethers dont need grain..unless they are under weight...they do best on grass hay, a bit of alfalfa mixed in and graze..loose mineral with ammonium chloride added to help prevent Urinary Calculi...it would save you moola and stress during feeding time..;)

If you choose to do grain the goats need a 2:1 ratio of calcium to phosphorus...to prevent UC...as for the food aggression..try a dish for each spread out from eachother as far as you can..fill the dish of the Boss first and so forth...they wil run from dish to dish but at least everyone will be fed and get a bit of excersise as well lol

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't feed them any grain only alfalfa pellets bc I feed only grass hay. And they have free choice mineral with ammonium chloride.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts