The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 11 year old doe “Momma” and two 4 month old brother and sister. Got the kids almost 2 months ago. 11 year old is a ND and the kids are mini Nubians. Momma is so aggressive to the boy. She plays with the girl and lets her climb and jump all over her. He’s always been nervous and apprehensive but now he’s nervous and afraid of her. He’s always watching over his shoulder while eating and she’s just mean to him. For no reason.

About a month after getting the kids, my 8 year old wether (Momma’s son) passed away. I don’t know if that has anything to do with it...? I know I’ve been sad but am so glad Momma has them.

When they first came in, Momma was lusting after him. After a week or two she finally calmed down and he has since been “fixed”.

Any thoughts as to why? Alpha female thing or she is capitalizing on his nervous demeanor? Is this normal?

I think when he gets bigger, something might change but in the meantime, I just don’t like it. The little girl and momma snuggle and he’s afraid to Plus I don’t blame him because she just chasing him and rams him.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts