Aging is not for the weak!

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by Di, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Hi everyone, can you believe the pain in my hands is so bad I finally had to see a "hand surgeon". After x-rays showed advanced arthritis in my thumbs (actually, the "heel" part of my hand, near the wrist), I had surgery, on my right hand last thursday. Since it was "bone surgery", it is very painful. But, I'm OK, and cutting back on the narcotics! I hate that foggy feeling you get from pain meds. So, I'm here, I read most posts, and comment on some. Hope to get the cast off in 5 weeks, so typing is a trial. :roll:

Welcome to all you newbies!

2. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    Oh, wow! That sounds painful! Wishing you a quick recovery!

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    ouch Di thats aweful

:hug: hope it heals up quick

4. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Ouch! :shocked: :hug:

Prayers for a quick and easy recovery. :pray:

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Ouch...I pray.. it gets better for you...it can't be fun... :hug: :pray:

6. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Thank you all...now I have to decide when to do the other hand. I am having a hard time...if I do it in April, it will mess up my spring. But, Hubby wants to cut back another day or 2 at the "salt mine" soon. Which means we will add another day at our office (we are getting 1-2 new patients/week). But, also means we have to get me a private insurance policy (not a problem). I guess I have to do it asap. I'll just have to forego my veggy garden I guess. Bummer

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Aww... Di... :hug: I will pray.. for you... that things go smooth and you get better soon... to get your life back on track..... :pray: :hug: