AGS registration need help

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by WalnutGroveFarm, Mar 18, 2009.

1. WalnutGroveFarm

WalnutGroveFarm Senior Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Hi, I hope this hasnt been asked before. Looked through the search engine couldnt find it. So I was wondering im not a member of AGS but have some does that I need to put into my name. How much does it cost to transfer them from the other owner to me for a non-member? Thanks for your help.

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    non member transfers are $10.00

You need a bill of sale as well as a transfer form signed by the previous owner to do this.

3. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
  4. WalnutGroveFarm

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Well I got the original certificate and a white slip that says, Bill of Sale (or transfer). Is that what I need. I didnt get a bill of sale and a transfer paper to. thanks

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    yes just the transfer slip is needed It dates the bill of sale on it :)

if you plan to breed in this year it would be smart to become a member and get your herd name etc. If you arent going ot breed this year and you only have one doe to transfer then the non member fee would be cheeper.

its only 2.50 to transfer if you are a member. Membership is like 25.00 I think could be wrong on that.

6. WalnutGroveFarm

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Well there is two does that im wanting transfered into my name. The one is already pregnant, which I do have a service memo for her. The other one probably will not be bred till this fall or late summer. Im already a member of ADGA and I think im going to get them dual registered with ADGA, I just got to get their papers in my name first. But her babies will be AGS registered. Unless she has does and then I will probably keep one and register it ADGA to. Thanks

7. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    You won't be able to register the kids under your name with AGS unless you become a member and have a herd name and tattoo with them, the kids if registered will be under the previous breeders name and have her tat as well.