The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
C7F4693B-E171-467E-9CA3-9F43DF5F79AE.jpeg
2764271A-F1FD-4DF5-B3BC-D0B9F1A003F2.jpeg
The ahhhh part.... bein interrupted by no one in my kitchen today but the ones come to take my yummies. Lol! 26 jars are already vamoosed. And the yum.... fresh warm strawberry jam for miles! I cannot WAIT for blueberry season and blueberry lemon and blueberry lime jam though! That is paul and i favortie! Soon too blackberry jam with berries from my bushes and the wild ones here on the farm yummmmm. I six batches made. Nine jars a batch is 54 jars of yum today.

Friday will be pickled beets and spiced peaches. More yummmmm!

·
Premium Member
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:directions: let's see, where is north cackalackie?:inlove:
(rofl)! If you just HAVE to have some send me your address... i can make it happen! I did have pout though.... there was no fresh warm homemade bread to be had in this home. Bummer! I should kick the chef's butt for THAT right?

OR! You could visit north cakalaki and bring me a few barn cats! I got the house of mouse at my barn right now. (headsmash)(doh)and could use a few mousers up there. I am gonna look into seein bout a barn cat rescue thinger round here.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Just teasing a little, although I love me some strawberry preserves.
Don't kick the cook, she might fall while standing on one leg.lol
Hot home made bread! We need emoji with drool.
My wife counts our cats all the time, she would notice.:)
Oh well, one excuse after the other. I put the map down.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I am definatly keeping my eye on the wild berries this time of year!!!!!!! most of them have green berrys, and our june bearing strawberry just began bearing fruit.
we have salmon berry's, Black caps, josta berries, trailing blackberries, Himalayan blackberries, thorn less blackberries, some blue berries, raspberries. yummy, cream and fruit come to mind :D

·
Premium Member
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just teasing a little, although I love me some strawberry preserves.
Don't kick the cook, she might fall while standing on one leg.lol
Hot home made bread! We need emoji with drool.
My wife counts our cats all the time, she would notice.:)
Oh well, one excuse after the other. I put the map down.
Well the offer still stands if you change your mind.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
(rofl)! If you just HAVE to have some send me your address... i can make it happen! I did have pout though.... there was no fresh warm homemade bread to be had in this home. Bummer! I should kick the chef's butt for THAT right?

OR! You could visit north cakalaki and bring me a few barn cats! I got the house of mouse at my barn right now. (headsmash)(doh)and could use a few mousers up there. I am gonna look into seein bout a barn cat rescue thinger round here.
Mighty Mouse program through Burlington Animal Services in Haw River. These cats are a little too wild for becoming house cats. I have a brother/sister pair that became tame enough to give them those head to tail body rubs most anytime I want. Picking them up for snuggles, no way without a struggle and scratching to get away. Usually when approached by a person other than me, they run away and hide until the quest leave. I think they would be categorized as semi-feral all things considered. Last time I looked (couple of weeks ago) they had a promotion where you could get a 2 for 1 at $10 for both. Usually it's $10 each. They are vaccinated according to age, tested for leukemia and I think kitty Aids, have received their 1 year rabies and have been neutered and/or spayed.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Mighty Mouse program through Burlington Animal Services in Haw River. These cats are a little too wild for becoming house cats. I have a brother/sister pair that became tame enough to give them those head to tail body rubs most anytime I want. Picking them up for snuggles, no way without a struggle and scratching to get away. Usually when approached by a person other than me, they run away and hide until the quest leave. I think they would be categorized as semi-feral all things considered. Last time I looked (couple of weeks ago) they had a promotion where you could get a 2 for 1 at $10 for both. Usually it's $10 each. They are vaccinated according to age, tested for leukemia and I think kitty Aids, have received their 1 year rabies and have been neutered and/or spayed.
That is a really good program! I have never heard of rehoming feral cats sfter neutering. Usually around here just trap, neuter and release.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
It is a cracker jack of a program. By rehoming, adopting them out, the cats are in an environment where they are specifically wanted to hang around. They aren't being run off, shot at, or multiplying like rabbits. Yes, they are feral to a certain degree, though they are no longer considered "strays" because they have a owner. By having an owner, they get food on a regular basis and vet care if needed. Some even begin to trust their owner within time. Life as a barn cat is easier for them than life as a stray. Burlington Animal Services is not your every day dog pound kind of place. Personally, I am proud to live in a county that has such a wonderful animal shelter. Has one of the lower euthanasia rates in the state, a broad foster program, on site vet area for simple treatments and sterilization procedures, volunteer programs, all sorts of things to provide for and promote the well being of the animals that have been entrusted to their care.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I am definatly keeping my eye on the wild berries this time of year!!!!!!! most of them have green berrys, and our june bearing strawberry just began bearing fruit.
we have salmon berry's, Black caps, josta berries, trailing blackberries, Himalayan blackberries, thorn less blackberries, some blue berries, raspberries. yummy, cream and fruit come to mind :D
Lucky!!!
I have nothing where I live.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts