The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard something crawling around in my room and then it started flying. It is the BIGGEST beetle I have ever seen! I is nearly three inches long and brown and creepy looking. It isn't a wood roach, pine beetle or cicada I don't know what in the world it is , I have never seen anything like it. If you never hear from me again, assume I was eaten by it.
It bammed itself against the ceiling and fell behind my dresser. I am going to try to spook it back out so I can either kill it or get it out of here. AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
13,076 Posts
I know !! They are like terra dactyls flying around here !!
Some are very pretty though , if you take the time to look at their body armor :) I have seen some that are light tan in color , really shiny and have black spots on them . Not your everyday beetle IMO , lol.
But most are extremely scary too , lol . Like the ones with those huge pinchers on the top of their heads !! Eeeeekkkkk !
I got beaned by one last night right upside my head , it felt like someone through a small rock at me , lol. And the dang thing just gets up and goes flying off like , " oh , pardon me " lol.
And then there are those little ones , that hit you and stick to you like velcro ! I hate those , it takes forever to get it out of your hair , lol
I saw one of those land directly on one of my goats noses !
That was just hysterical because poor Bunny crossed her eyes to look at it and them hit it into reverse and kept going till she shook it off , lolol
Ah , summer , you gotta love it ;)

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok I caught it in a towel and threw towel and all out the door in a rain storm. I figure when bug moves on towel can be washed. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! I am not even scared of bugs normally but this thing was bigger than a mouse.

·
4-H Secretary for Life ^.^
985 Posts
@Laura and @NubianFan :slapfloor:I also I hope you get rid of the bugs, YICK! I hate beetles... and ants.... and spiders.... and daddy long-legs....... and flys...... and basically anything that walks on 6 or more legs.... including octupi... do they even walk?

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No Herdqueen I have seen those they don't scare me. This thing was about 3 inchs long, with dark brown or black shell. It had fuzzy long antennae like a moth but was hard shelled. It was rounded and fat with a big butt that looked like it could possibly sting. It was seriously bigger than a mouse. It was both long and fat and wide. Evil looking thing.

·
4-H Secretary for Life ^.^
985 Posts
I caught a spider in my bedroom the other day. It looked like that. I named it pineapple, and I tossed it outside.

·
Boer Lover 4 Life!
2,991 Posts
LOL that's funny Moka Farms!! :rofl:

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,082 Posts
I got beaned by one last night right upside my head , it felt like someone through a small rock at me , lol. And the dang thing just gets up and goes flying off like , " oh , pardon me " lol.
:slapfloor::slapfloor::slapfloor:

·
Registered
13,076 Posts
Just for kicks and giggles, if I remember and have enough energy tonight , I'm going to take pictures of these flying creatures and post them. Maybe it'll work in my favor and I wont see one tonight ;)
They really need better radar though . They slam right into you and act like your the weird one ! Seriously , I dont see them slamming into any trees ! That's why I think they do it on purpose. They come out at night and probably take bets on who can slam into more humans ;)

·
Registered
13,076 Posts
No Herdqueen I have seen those they don't scare me. This thing was about 3 inchs long, with dark brown or black shell. It had fuzzy long antennae like a moth but was hard shelled. It was rounded and fat with a big butt that looked like it could possibly sting. It was seriously bigger than a mouse. It was both long and fat and wide. Evil looking thing.
I once stepped on one , it bounced off my leg and landed right under my foot :angel2: and the crunching sound it made was wicked :eek:
It was like stepping on bubble wrap ! I didn't want to see what was left , just in case it was half alive and able to throw a boomerang at me or something ,lol. Those big beetles remind me of the monster movies Godzilla and that flying beast it always had fights with :p I doubt you could kill them with a fly swatter , more like a 22 or something should give it something else to think about IMO :cool: Scary stuff out there at night :eek:

I try to pick them up with hay or something and toss them out of the barn but the dang things come right back in like "whadya do that for ya idiot" ! :p
Could you imagine the snapping noise one of those buggers would make if it came in contact with one of those bug zappers ? :eek::eek::eek:
It would be like the Forth of July all over again :cool::flag:

·
14,760 Posts
LOL Maybe it was a space alien beetle lol

I saw some freaky beetles when we were visiting family a few weeks ago in Indiana. We were all camping out and one was by the fire. OMG it had huge pinchers on it and was very big and tough. Someone touched it with a stick and it acted like it was ready to get it's Muhammad Ali act on with those pinchers!
Looking on line it's a Stag Beetle. Bleh. Creepy! Ended up seeing 2 of those things that weekend! They both ended up in the fire pit!

Here at home...heh.
Usually in the evenings my husband and I try to beat each other to get in the shower.
So one day I thought ha-ha, I'm going to beat him.
I go in, open the shower curtain, look down and said OMG!!!!! I jumped back...ran out and told him he could have the shower first LOL

Biggest garden spider I'd ever seen in my life! That sucker was huge! Usually I just turn on the water and say bon voyage... No way that thing would go down the drain!
I heard my husband hit it with something but I was too afraid to go in there. Finally after he was done showering, I went in there and asked what he did with it.
Then I looked down and saw a GIANT spider leg floating in the toilet.

Yep. I flushed the toilet. But then I had dreams about the giant killer spider that night lol

1 - 20 of 39 Posts