Alabama

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by theweber, Dec 20, 2010.

1. theweber

theweber New Member

Dec 20, 2010
    Hello from Alabama i am thinking about getting in to raising meat goats, Last week i bought the book Raising meat goats it has been a hoot. I hope to learn a lot here thanks.

2. Myakkagoater

Myakkagoater New Member

Apr 10, 2010
    Goat are addicting. Beware

Tom

3. melbick

melbick New Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Venus, TX
    Very addicting.

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I agree...LOL... :crazy: :laugh:

Welcome...glad you are here with us...if you have any questions..... please.... feel free to ask..... :thumb: :wave:

5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Welcome to the Goat Spot, :wave: we are so happy to have you here.
    Please if you think of anything that you would like to know about, just ask. That is how we all learn.

6. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Welcome to the group! :D

7. newtopygmies

newtopygmies New Member

May 26, 2010
    ashville alabama
    Howdy...It is always good to hear from another person from Alabama.

Where in Bama are you? I am close to Ashville.

8. rocky_ridge_goats

rocky_ridge_goats New Member

Aug 6, 2010
  9. theweber

theweber New Member

Dec 20, 2010
    Thanks for all the warn greetings , I live in hayden alabama. My dad raises alpacas he has 21 and a lama alpaca mix. he is thinking about the goats market to. The meat market here is good according to my neighbor who has been raising meat goats for about 5 years now. I have been reading the posts on here for about a month. And it has been a eye opener. Im thinking about using the high tensile wire for my fencing my dad has had good luck with it. I know i will be asking a lot of qustions real soon. so thanks again for the welcoms. The Weber.

10. theweber

theweber New Member

Dec 20, 2010
    I have a question can chickens and goats be in the same pen? Im not thinking about them being room mates just that chickens are on my radar also. And if the little bowling balls get loose and check out the new goats will i have a problem ? Just wondering thanks the weber.

11. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Your welcome... :thumb:

Chickens and goats...well... be aware... that there is a possibility...that chickens can give cocci to goats...

if you allow the chickens to roam...they like getting into the goats feed... such as grain....and it gets so annoying...also... chicken poo... gets all over and it is nasty..... :wink: