The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There seems to be a lot of rabbit people and I know nothing about them. My sons rabbits ran out of food the feed store will not have any till Friday and already didn't get dinner last night. Can I give them alfalfa hay?
I just don't want to kill his rabbits

·
Registered
8,603 Posts
Does anyone know if Guinea Pigs can half Alfalfa? I know they can have grass/timothy but we can't get that at a reasonable price around here. ($15 for a bale of bad quality grass hay. Yah right..)

·
Super Moderator
14,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's where I got concerned with alfalfa as well since the only thing I could find out about was timothy. But I guess i can see where they would get fat from the alfalfa. OK from now on I'll throw some scraps to them ;)

·
Registered
8,603 Posts
My guinea pigs are eating alfalfa like crazy, they love it. Just watch that they don't get too fat.
Ok cool. I'll just give her a little handful everyday instead of free choice like with grass hay.

·
Registered
72 Posts
it's good for them also slice of banana's, dark leafy greens, spinach, red leaf lettuce, the parsley, yellow to orange fruits and vegetables, ( carrots, pumpkin, mango) apricot, papaya, alfalfa, fresh young grass, broccoli, oranges, apples, cherries, mint, dandelion greens, berries, red grapes, watermelon, pink guava, celery, blue & red berries, oregano, rosemary, sage that's a list I feed my bunny's it's nutrients, phytonutrients, vitamins, minerals... Can't give all that at one time give it to you're bunny little peace's at a time... Bunny's are food hounds! Bunny's love there food a little to much... they tend to devour it fast hoping that more well provided.... ☺

·
I'm watching you
22,546 Posts
I give my Guinea Pigs leafy greens daily and a piece of fruit or a root vegetable every other day. The same would probably work well for rabbits. They have either hay or alfalfa 24x7.

·
Super Moderator
14,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I do like the lettuce bananas and such more as a treat. I just knew the little guys were hungry and figured the hay would be more like their pellets then anything else.II'm making sure they get a little hay scaps every day now in case I ever can't get their food again.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I do like the lettuce bananas and such more as a treat. I just knew the little guys were hungry and figured the hay would be more like their pellets then anything else.II'm making sure they get a little hay scaps every day now in case I ever can't get their food again.
I agree but if it's all you have until you can get somewhere to get the feed it's help ..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.