The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have wethers and my husband bought Alfalfa rather than timothy hay this time around. Something tells me we are not supposed to give them Alfalfa. What are your thoughts

·
Super Moderator
58,223 Posts
What is their entire diet? There are people who feed alfalfa hay. But their entire diet should be 2-2.5:1 calcium to phosphorus.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure what the numbers are. Limited grains because one appears to have founders. He is getting shots every day. They get apples and raisins and some freeze dried vegetables.

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
You could eliminate grain all together from their life and just feed Timothy Hay with a portion of alfalfa hay or pellets each day. Wethers don't really need grain since they're not breeding and expending a lot of energy or losing weight. Especially with one having foundered, I would consider getting rid of grain all together.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You could eliminate grain all together from their life and just feed Timothy Hay with a portion of alfalfa hay or pellets each day. Wethers don't really need grain since they're not breeding and expending a lot of energy or losing weight. Especially with one having foundered, I would consider getting rid of grain all together.
Thank you so much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts