All Guard 4 in 1 Bolus

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by CountyLineAcres, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Ok. My boys are BRATS! They love to destroy All kinds of things. Fences, gates, trees, feeders, hay holders, and water buckets. They can really frustrate me. And dont get me started on their.horns....geez 20200504_125522.jpg 20191113_172802.jpg Resized_20190722_082221(1).jpeg
    I found for.my boys..if it is sunken. They.dont tear it.up. So I.looked and.found.a.metal pipe with a 1/2 inch lip. I put a cap on the other end. Its about the size of a cup
    I stick this into the hole of their.spools. yes I usually add to it on a 2 day schedule. But they like licking their own spool. And I dont feel they waste much. Not like they did with.pvc pipe on the wall
    Yea..I filled it.up 1 time. Lost alot a good mineral!..

CountyLineAcres likes this.
  2. CountyLineAcres

CountyLineAcres Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2014
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio
    Look at those horns! That’s a very interesting idea. Quite innovative! You’ve inspired me to think outside the box!

Moers kiko boars likes this.

3. CountyLineAcres

Jan 22, 2014
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio
    Look at those horns! That’s a very interesting idea. Quite innovative! You’ve inspired me to think outside the box!

4. SalteyLove

SalteyLove Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    New England
    Thanks for posting about the boluses, I've never seen or heard about this product.

5. Jessica84

Jessica84 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    California
    I wasn’t going to say it out loud but yeah I was thinking about the two brats I plan to take to the sale because I am so done with their crap. Anyways I’ll Hang onto them a bit longer and see how it goes.
    Moers kiko you and your thinking is awesome! I have a bunch of pieces of pipe left over from our corral I’m going to see if I can rig something up. Maybe I can sink one in the ground and then have the husband weld some kind of cap into that and then another piece onto that. That way it’s up a bit and they can beat the crap out of it all they want but it shouldn’t go anywhere. What I don’t get about these dumb boys is when they are with the ladies they use their mineral feeders just fine and all that is is a round of wood with one of those salt block tub things screwed onto it. So defiantly destroy-able if they wanted to!

6. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Honestly. I think they are bored. :ponder:Something catches their eye, and they prove they are superior :devil: lol lol .I dunno. Its hard to oursmart them. So I try to do the opposite. :crazy:

7. Sfgwife

Sfgwife Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    Boys are just dumb turds lol! But i do adore ours. I love your guys horns! They look kikoish to me. Kikos are on our one day wish list for meat goats.

8. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Yes..thankyou..big boy kiko boer cross. Little man, and super horns both Full blood myotonics.

9. mariarose

mariarose Well-Known Member

I'd be willing to use this for some of the herd in a wait-n-see manner
    I'd be interested in seeing the actual nutritional label, where it gives the mineral forms, etc. But none of what you've shown is terrifically scary to me if it would help a specific portion of your herd. Slow release sounds good.
    Before I could buy cobalt salt blocks, I ordered, and used, cobalt boluses from a company that I wasn't happy supporting (but they did offer the boluses I felt I needed) But I live someplace that was NOT plentiful in cobalt. So it was OK.

Iluvlilly! and Moers kiko boars like this.
  10. Iluvlilly!

Iluvlilly! Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2019
    Wisconsin
  11. CountyLineAcres

Jan 22, 2014
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio
    Yes! We actually are ordering some today. Cannot wait to try it out!

Moers kiko boars and Iluvlilly! like this.
  12. lottsagoats1

lottsagoats1 Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Middle Maine
    A few years ago Santa Cruz had selenium and copper boluses, slow release, that I tried. They worked great, but we are very deficient in Selenium and copper up here, so it worked great. Then they stopped making them. I found a couple this spring that were left over and gave them to 2 of my does who are just poor doers and the responded wonderfully. I'll have to check these out, so see if some of my herd might benefit from them.

I went and checked them out, not sure they would be something for this area, as New England is high in Iodine. I didn't see a price of the smaller container of the boluses, just the jar of 100. A little too pricey for my wallet.

13. CountyLineAcres

Jan 22, 2014
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio
    Glad you shared that info! They do have a 10 pack for $22 on the website. The 5 in 1 is extremely expensive (it contains copper as well), so it’s cheaper for us to just give the copper bolus separately. I’m worried the 5 in 1 will be extremely large like the cobalt boluses.

Moers kiko boars and Iluvlilly! like this.
  14. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  15. SalteyLove

Jun 18, 2011
    New England
    I ordered them June 6. I have not received any order confirmation or shipping information. I did get a receipt because I paid via PayPal. I emailed the company today and asked when they would ship. I'll let you guys know if it's a reliable place.

CountyLineAcres and Iluvlilly! like this.
  16. CountyLineAcres

Jan 22, 2014
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio
    Hopefully you hear back soon!

Iluvlilly! likes this.
  17. SalteyLove

Jun 18, 2011
    New England
    I didn't get a reply to my email so I contacted them via their Facebook page. The owner indicated that the pandemic has greatly delayed deliveries going through customs so they are having a hard time getting them in. No estimate provided. I'll hold out for another month or two before submitting a refund request through PayPal.

18. mariarose

mariarose Well-Known Member

So aggravating when you have to wait to even find out you have to wait...

CountyLineAcres and Iluvlilly! like this.
  19. CountyLineAcres

Jan 22, 2014
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio
    That’s unfortunate! This pandemic has really rocked the boat. I ordered as well, so we will be waiting together lol.

mariarose, SalteyLove and Iluvlilly! like this.
  20. SalteyLove

Jun 18, 2011
    New England
    Well surprise surprise! I got a notification today that the 4 in 1 boluses have shipped. So I'll be trying these out. I'll let you know if any goats croak JOKING. I have good confidence there will be no issue.

But, in full disclosure, my goats have not had access to loose minerals for approximately 5 weeks so it's actually good timing. (Getting the mineral feeders re-hung is on my to do list!) They've only had access to a blue cobalt salt block during this time.

I'm most interested to see how my oldest doe Sandy will improve, she is the most prone to weak pasterns & kinked tail, I can never get enough selenium in her. Her tail will correct for like a hot minute a few weeks after a MultiMin injection then bend soon after.