All Guard 4 in 1 Bolus

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by CountyLineAcres, Jun 3, 2020.

1. NigerianDwarfOwner707

NigerianDwarfOwner707 Well-Known Member

May 17, 2018
    East Coast, USA
    Please keep us updated!! :neat:

Iluvlilly! and toth boer goats like this.
  2. SalteyLove

SalteyLove Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    New England
    The boluses arrived from S&N Livestock. They are in a plastic bag with no label or any documentation. I actually went to find a photo or video to confirm they are the correct item!

Inside is two hard plugs.
    The bolus size is much larger than your 4 gram copper boluses.

Here are a few photos of them, and also a video I found of administration.

IMG_20201023_102852341.jpg IMG_20201023_103002777.jpg IMG_20201023_103020988.jpg

3. CountyLineAcres

CountyLineAcres Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2014
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio
    Oh wow! Finally! Do you have a copper bolus to put beside for comparison?

Moers kiko boars and Iluvlilly! like this.
  4. AndersonRanch

AndersonRanch Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2020
    California
    Those look like the size bolus that I use for the adults copper. If so you want a small balling gun. It’s the blue one from tractor supply ;)
    I guess having two of the hard plugs is good that way if someone is nervous about giving it you could break them open and put half in another bolus and give a smaller dose.
    Let us know if you see any difference with yours.

5. SalteyLove

Jun 18, 2011
    New England
    That's an Ultra Cruz 2gram and 4 gram then the All Guard 4 in 1

Iluvlilly! and Moers kiko boars like this.
  6. SalteyLove

Jun 18, 2011
    New England
    @AndersonRanch - still think that's the right size? I didn't know they would be so large so I definitely need to get the balling gun. Did you see the cool squeeze one in that video? Must be a euro thing!

IMG_20201023_210410256.jpg

7. AndersonRanch

Oct 17, 2020
    California
    Hmmm it looks wider on the tip and longer. Longer won’t hurt but if the base is wider I’m not sure if it will. This is what I have I used a quarter to compare since I can’t find my 2 and 4 grams right now
    IMG_3566.jpg IMG_3567.jpg
    If you can get it from tractor supply or a feed store I would just take it with you and try it out.
    Or if you are going to order I would just go with one of these. Measure the end and get one that is a little larger. I just got the link to the large because you can see the little spring things they have in it easier

https://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail.html?pgguid=30E07F74-7B6A-11D5-A192-00B0D0204AE5
    Sally 2 face killed my cheap tractor supply one so I picked one of these up at the feed store. The bolus does not totally fit into that tip perfectly BUT with those little metal things in there it holds a smaller bolus anyways. I am really sold on this because they can’t bite down and break it (thanks sally lol) or make sharp edges so it’s very kind to the back of the throat. But it’s more then $1-2.
    Yes I am loving the balling gun in that video! Why does it seem all the cool stuff is in other countries :/

8. SalteyLove

Jun 18, 2011
    New England
    Great idea with the quarter. They are definitely longer but I think they are the same width. I think it's do-able.

IMG_20201024_092411865.jpg IMG_20201024_092417399.jpg

9. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Would a plastic balling gun for cattle work? They usually run a little larger

AndersonRanch and Iluvlilly! like this.
  10. AndersonRanch

Oct 17, 2020
    California
    Yes Moers you are correct and I should have been more specific in my reply then just the blue balling gun. Sometimes I just assume others know what I’m talking about lol but the blue, size small cattle balling gun should be perfect for those boluses :)