all kinds of fun for me this weekend

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by SDK, Aug 31, 2009.

1. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    I'm literally in the ring of fire!!! 6 fires all over. started right by my house ( within 2 miles of my house) thankfully they are burning away from us. I do have many friends who i haven't heard from. especially in acton.

the fair was "fun" because of all the fires too. the fair was hot and raining ash.. and we became the evacuation center while the fair was going.. so totally crazy with horses and such.

on the brighter side, I did pretty well showing. My Red fullblood doe took 5th in a large aged doe class ( there was 9) my friend won reserve ch percentage doe. and her other goats all placed really high.

demi got 5th out of a class of 11 junior does!!!!

I also brought home another goat ( yes i KNOW i dont need more.. but she would have killed herself if i had left her, she really bonded with demi) she is a 50%. half nubian/ half boer and is a red paint. i dont know if i'll keep her for wether making or sell her.. we'll see

I also sold rochelle's wether from june for 250 buck!! :clap: :clap: :leap: :leap: :stars: :stars: :wahoo: :wahoo:

so its a topsy turvy weekend

2. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Goodness!!!! :shocked: I hope everything calms down with all of the fires :pray:

The news about the fair is GREAT though!!! :leap:

You really have had an up and down day! :shocked:

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh boy - keep safe

so glad the animals were all safe at the fair

4. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Yes, Stay Safe and keep us updated. :hug:

Sounds like a crazy, but good fair. :D

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am praying ...that you all stay safe........ :hug: :pray:

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    is the fair done yet? how did you do? I hope everyone fared safely through the fires. I havent listened to the news lately I hope that you are safe :pray:

7. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Yes! Keep safe and sound and come back to TGS in one piece! :pray:

8. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Oh my goodness! Great that you did well with your placings at the fair, but it does sound like it was chaotic with the fires so close. Your new doe sounds very pretty, can't wait to see her :wink: Stay safe and prayers sent that all involved with the fires are safe as well.