Kentucky All kinds of stuff for sale

Discussion in 'Equipment For Sale' started by mariarose, Oct 15, 2019.

1. groovyoldlady

groovyoldlady Goat Crazy!

Jul 21, 2011
    Central Maine
    Mariarose, do you have a decent disbudding iron? Mine was "inherited". It works, but it is in sad shape...

2. mariarose

mariarose Well-Known Member

No. I don't have one any longer. I have plenty of other stuff, though, so if you think of anything else you might need... I'm desperately looking for a good home for my one remaining dog... He is so lonely and lost.

Iluvlilly! likes this.

3. mariarose

@TCOLVIN
    Who slapped you, Tom? Please come back, you are valued.
    Yes, I'm that mariarose. Far as I know, I'm the one and only! LOL.

We are closing out the farm and selling everything to move closer to the VA hospital which gives my husband excellent care, but is hours away. I've spent so much time away from home this past year, that my beloved goats were being truly neglected.

It was the right decision, but I still wake up very depressed. Especially over one particular girl...

You are close enough to me to be interested in some farm detritus. Do you need anything?

4. Trollmor

Trollmor Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Goatless in Sweden
    Me, too, I am feeling so bad about this. :eek: Really wish we could have done something ...

elvis&oliver and Iluvlilly! like this.
  5. billiejw89

billiejw89 Well-Known Member

Can you ship? I'd be interested in the replamin applicator and possibly other small items if you have any.

6. mariarose

I can send small stuff through the mail, sure! Postage would have to be paid of course. I can't ship the large stuff though, like the calf hutch or the feeders.

billiejw89 likes this.
  7. billiejw89

Oh how I wish it were possible!! ;)
    How big is your milk pail? Also interested in that.

8. mariarose

3 gallons to the brim. I found it perfect for my standards (not my mini and dwarves)
    The girls did not easily tip it over or get their feet in it, because it was tall.

Proper milk pail too, with heavy gauge stamped steel and with a flat rim. not warped, stable, easy to clean.

billiejw89 likes this.
  9. alicejane

alicejane Active Member

Jan 15, 2014
    So sorry about your move my heart does't hurt quite as often but I still yearn to have goats. It gets easier
    And I get to visit here once in a while

Trollmor and mariarose like this.
  10. billiejw89

Ok I think that would work perfectly for my nubian :)
    Could you message me pricing, and shipping estimate to 98844?

11. mariarose

I'll be able to do that on Monday. I can pack stuff inside the pail, so if you still want the 300 cc applicator gun, it won't be extra to ship it. I have the applicator for the ear tags too, the small metal tags you get from the State that's registered to your farm. The ear tags are free, but the applicator was kinda pricey. I'll give you a good deal if you want that too.

TCOLVIN likes this.
  12. billiejw89

At this time I have no use for the metal tags, but I would like the 300cc applicator gun and pail.
    Message me Monday when you figure pricing and I'll get the payment to you. Thank you! :)

TCOLVIN, Iluvlilly! and mariarose like this.
  13. Trollmor

Trollmor Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Goatless in Sweden
    Which girl? Can you tell us about her?

14. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    You still have metal tags and gun? If so let me know. If any way I can help let me know. I have become dependent on your advise and really respect you with your knowledge of goats. For the last couple of years I have monitored your posts and got some good ideas. I understand the move now and pray for you and your husband that things will get better. Keep in touch because there is still so much I don’t know. Please come back to the forum from time to time and keep us updated. Prayers daily for you both.

mariarose, Iluvlilly! and GoofyGoat like this.
  15. mariarose

Hello, @TCOLVIN
    Yes, I still have the metal tag applicator. I threw away the rest of my tags as they are registered to my KY Farm, and not transferable. I paid $35 for the applicator. It is heavy duty and in great shape. It also doubles as a bottle opener in a "pinch"! I have an electric hoof knife (Hoof Boss) and hoof shears. I have larger items, too.

Thanks for the kind words. You all have become my family, and very necessary.

Trollmor, GoofyGoat and Iluvlilly! like this.
  16. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    How much for the tag gun , hoof knife and the hoof shears. If it will help you I’d rather get it from you.

17. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    Oh, I left off the more important part, thank you for your response back.

Iluvlilly! likes this.
  18. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    On another note, will the tag gun work on any tags or are the tags different in each state?

19. mariarose

The metal tags are the same for every State. The engraving is different for each State and each farm, but the tag itself is the same. The applicator will only work on those particular tags. You can get the tags for free, but the applicator is pricey, but I couldn't take my animals to sale without the tags in the ears.

Do you need a dog? I have a dog who desperately needs a home.

Trollmor likes this.
  20. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    No thanks, I have 2 dogs now. How much for items listed above.? Thanks

Iluvlilly! likes this.