All Work and No Play

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by PACE, Oct 28, 2008.

1. PACE

PACE New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Mass
    Well, I figured I had better post some pictures of the boys enjoying themselves after all those work photos of Melino... I couldn't have everyone thinking I work him too much lol. Pace and Shanti also needed to make an appearance.

Here are poor little Pace and Shanti locked away whilemelino got to pull a sled around!

[​IMG]

I feed Melino his dinner so he can eat in peace before letting the little guys out

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then I finish working with the big guy and let them out. The first thing they do is slobber on the pumpkins set up in the driveway

[​IMG]

Then they satisfy themselves with leaves

[​IMG]

Notice pace's snazzy winter beard... it disappeared this summer but started growing in with his winter coat

[​IMG]

It seems that Melino is growing a little goatee too, but it is hard to tell

[​IMG]

Shanti, however, remains beardless

[​IMG]

Off he frolicks

[​IMG]

Then decides to stand in the golden sunshine

[​IMG]

Pace thinks this log smells suspicious

[​IMG]

Shanti climbs off the rock to munch some grass... please don't say it... I know he is FAT! The funny thing is, he gets alfalfa pellets and hay stretcher with a little grain each day. He's practically getting fat on air ???

[​IMG]

When it is time to go back into the pen, Melino decides to grab one last bite of grass. Doesn't he look regal?

[​IMG]

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    What beautiful little ones you have there. We have missed you all terribly.

3. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Emily...your boys ALWAYS look so content, and very well loved. I still think Shanti would have made a gorgeous doe! lol...don't tell him I said that :ROFL: No, really black goaties are my thing and though Melino and Pace are handsome boys, Shanti was always my favorite :love:

4. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Beautiful goats and the pictures are awesome!! I love the fall theme!

5. FancyAppy

FancyAppy New Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    These are great pics. The fall colors and pumpkins are perfect . Your goats look so healthy and very happy.

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    it isnt like Shanti is going to be bred :ROFL: so a little extra weight wont hurt him. He looks content and happy and that is what matters :greengrin:

7. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    you take beautiful photos , maybe they should make an appearance on the calendar. Melino is sooo pretty!

8. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    I love the pictures... your goats are so beautiful, healthy and happy looking.

I really want those huge boulders in your goat pen! :)

9. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    Haha liz, I thought the same thing about Shanti, he would make a lovely doe!
    I have an angora kid like that at the moment, I walk through the kid pens and I go wow, that is a lovely little doe ... then I look again and go shoot, no its a buck :slapfloor:

Pace, your boys look so content! And well cared for

10. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Lovely pictures Emily.

11. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    I'm with Cinder.. my goats would love those huge boulders! Awesome pictures!

12. Laurel_Haven

Laurel_Haven New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Carolina
    Beautiful pictures! And the goats look great! I remember that video from last year (I think it was you?) of the goats exploring the pumpkin. :) I went out and gave mine our pumkin and they wouldn't touch it. :shrug:
    Anyway great pics!

13. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    So sweet! Nice boulder too! :)

14. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Those are some lovely pics!! Your goats do look very content and your camera takes awesome pictures!! So clear. . . . mine looks so fuzzy. :roll:

15. PACE

PACE New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Mass
    Thanks so much everyone :greengrin: Yep, the boys are doing very well indeed! Liz, I won't tell Shanti he should be a doe, I doubt he would be very happy about that lol! Then he would try to be EXTRA manly just to prove to the world what a great "boy" he makes... not that he's really much of anything anymore, being a wether :roll:

Tina, haha my goats LOVE pumpkins! At the farmstand where I work during the summer they sell pumpkins. Any ones that are too old to sell are given to me for free. The goats are sure having a great time of it! They seem to have perpetual pumpkin-gut faces lol.

16. Hailee's Herd

Hailee's Herd New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Michigan
    You took some wonderful pictures!! They are very nice and clear too. They look pretty proffessional. :)