All you California People

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by sweetgoats, Oct 24, 2007.

1. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    How are you all doing? I have thought a lot about you all, and I am praying that they get this fire under control. I couldn't imagine what it would be like if Colorado was on fire like you are now.
    Please tell us how you are all doing. Being I was only in Cali once in my life, (many many years ago) would you tell us where you are located compared to the fire? How close are you and has anyone been evacuated yet? Any of our goat friends. If you are in any danger, what will you do with your pets? :shock:
    Praying that you are all safe

2. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    I'm in Northern California so not directly involved but my nephew is just a couple of miles from two fires that are burning towards him. It all depends on winds what happens. A lot of places don't have power so communication is not good. I did see on TV that a lady and her pygmies (including a buck) are living in that football arena. So far it seems that the government organizations are handling things as well as can be expected. ANd the weather there is usually pretty warm.
    But so many housing developments have been put on the top of ridges and are so easily overtaken by fire. There are hundreds and hundreds of these.
    We are 700 miles away and fire engines and people from here have already left to help.
    So keep good thoughts coming that way- they really need it.

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I am located in Idaho, if anyone affected by the fire needs a place to keep their goats, I have a pen that only needs shelter and it can take on LOTS of animals. It has 10 foot game fences, so even jumpers can not get out.

I will not charge anything to board them, but i would need you to supply feed, even if that is just pellets and grains. I would feed them and take care of them.

If someone needs help, please let me know!