all1965

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by alyssa_romine, Mar 20, 2008.

1. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    Just wondering if you and your animals were okay. I know there was some very heavy rain up there in your part of the state. Praying all is well.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Per your concern I checked when she was last on the forum and it was early this morning.

Maybe she will post here and give an update on how everyone is fairing with all that rain.

3. alyssa_romine

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    Thanks Stacey. I know we got about 3" of rain here. I heard about 12" up in northern Arkansas so that is what worried me.

4. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    good golly thats a lot of rain!

When we got 10" + of rain in our area dams broke and there was SERIOUS flooding.

5. all1965

all1965 New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    AR
    hi,
    we are good. we got a lot of rain but we live on Crowley's Ridge and we are on very high ground so no flooding on our place but our pond is full!
    Everyone is fine. Sorry I didn't see your post earlier. I'm not sure how much rain we got but it was quite a bit.
    Some of the country roads were washed out pretty good and the Spring, Cash, and Black rivers are all overflowing.

6. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    thats wonderful to hear. Flooding is such a disaster!

7. alyssa_romine

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    I was in Batesville today and they had some overrun ponds and creeks and things but nothing major. The most I saw was a flooded cattle pasture and they had just a small area to stand and graze.

Glad you are okay.

8. harmonygoats

harmonygoats New Member

Nov 19, 2007
    Northern Arkansas
    We live near Mtn. Home and got about 10". I went home at lunch and when I went back there was 18" of water across the road. There were several people from work that couldn't get home for 3 days. Our poor girls were stuck in the barn for almost 3 days.
    Nancy

9. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    Wow- I live in a notoriously rainy place and the most I can remember receiving in one day was about 10-12". That is a huge amount in that area. When rain comes down that fast, it can't absorb into the ground and just runs off. I hope all are doing OK.

10. all1965

all1965 New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    AR
    Everything around here is back to normal.
    It was a lot of rain and some schools a little northwest of us were closed because of flooding.