Almost new goats test came back positive

Discussion in 'Goat Management' started by nubians2, Mar 19, 2011.

1. nubians2

nubians2 New Member

The test results are positive for cae, but there is a note on the bottom thay says stress etc can effect results. Has anyone had experience with a doe that tested positive after kidding to test negative later? Honestly I am not going to take her because I dont like 1positive at all but I am curious for future knowledge. I was very lucky that his person was willing to test before I took the doe home.

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Where was the test done?...... :hug:

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I only test before kidding so I wouldn't know if stress can factor in as the information said.

4. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    I'm sorry about the positive test, but it's great she did it before you brought the doe home. Sometimes they recommend re-testing in 30 days to see if it was a fluke. I guess I would do that if it was my doe, but I don't think I would take the doe if I was a potential buyer.

Jan

5. nubians2

nubians2 New Member

The test was sent to washington. She is going to retest in 30days but I told her I wouldnt take her then. I only have two goats right now and they are negative. I really want more goats but I want them tested first. I am trying to be careful and choisy. I figured it was the right thing to do by telling her now that I wouldnt take her.

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I can't blame you... for not wanting the goat... it is better to be safe ...than sorry.... :hug: