Aloha and a bit of story from Hawaii :-)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by thegoatmama, Nov 20, 2015.

Tags:
  1. thegoatmama

thegoatmama Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Papaaloa, Hawaii
    :new here:
    My name is Rebecca and I raise goats.
    (that sounded a lot like an AA opener. Well, goats are my addiction...:leap:)
    I care for 22 goats, 6 pigs and 1 bull on my hobby farm. My goats are Saanen, Nubian and Toggenburg. This year I've been growing my herd by introducing new bloodlines of existing breeds, plus I added Nigerian Dwarf to the mix.
    First, an acquaintance of a friend needed a home for her goats. +3 Nubians
    Then I'm at the store and after mentioning to an employee that I raise goats, she later asks me if I was interested in turning my 18 goats in 22? I said yes. I met the goats a couple days later and adopted them on the 2nd. +3 does, 1 wether
    See? Addiction. :wink:

The first 3 does are 100% Nubian. Valerie is the mother of Josie and Melanie, but different fathers. They are all pregnant and I expect great things from them. Melanie was one of quads. :grin:
    Louise and Bailey are twins, 1/2 Nubian, 1/4 Saanen and 1/4 Nigerian Dwarf. Zooey is a complete unknown. I'm thinking miniature breed crossed with the feral breed on the island. Jack is the twins' father. Before I met Jack, he had had a rude awakening in the form of adult-castration. He's very chubby and a bit lost in life. I'm going to train him as a pack/draft goat. :cart:

I've learned a lot from this site and took way too long to join and even longer to post. :oops: This is a wonderful place. :thankU:

Hi. :wave:

Attached Files:

2. happybleats

happybleats Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    Welcome from Central Texas!! Beautiful goats you have!!

3. thegoatmama

thegoatmama Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Papaaloa, Hawaii
    Hi Cathy! Thank you :greengrin:
    They are my first goats to have moonspots and wattles. :love:

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  4. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

5. thegoatmama

thegoatmama Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Papaaloa, Hawaii
    Hi Karen :smile:

I love your avatar *wracks brain for limited camelid knowledge* are those alpacas?

6. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Yes. They are alpacas.