Alpine babies

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by K-Ro, Feb 23, 2008.

1. K-Ro

K-Ro New Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Texas
    Here are some of this weeks babies.

Today Summer had twins, a buck and doe both have wattles, I like wattles I think they are so cute.
    Here is the doe-she doesn't have a name yet.
    [​IMG]
    And the buck, being checked out by some boys a couple days older than him.
    [​IMG]
    These boys are Jaime's they were born Wed morning.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Awe! I just LOVE wattles. I am sad Xcell's kids didn't have them, but at least she gave me a girl. So, I guess I can forgive her. Good luck with them! :stars:

3. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Look at those LEGS!!! My goodness they are some pretty kids! Congratulations!

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh I just love waddles!!!

Flicka passed the waddles onto her son last year and I hope she does again this year.

such nice kids you got there!! :leap:

5. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Ah finally some alpine kids> I love all the babies but its neat to see your own breed up there. Your little doe looks like a doe kid i had a few years agominus the wattles. But i have a doe who has wattles bred this year, so hopefully will get some more wattles.
    Do you have any name ideas for the doe kid yet?
    beth

6. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I know what you mean Beth, It is extra special when the babies are the breed you raise!

those babies are just plain adorable.

7. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

K-ro whats the pedigree on the little buck (or im assuming is your buck) on your page. The chamoise with the black trim. is he the sire of these kids?
    beth

8. K-Ro

K-Ro New Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Texas
    No don't have any ideas for her name yet, she has the softest little baaah that I have heard yet, it is so quite I thought it was coming from the other side of the barn yesterday.

Here is a link to Sketchy's pedigree with ADGA http://www.adgagenetics.org/GoatDetail. ... A001399598
    that should work anyways. Yes he is the sire to my kids.

I just love the babies, didn't need all these bucks but I will take my one little girl that we have so far, she's a little doll.

9. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    They're precious. Love the coloring! Congrats!!!

10. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    They are all very elegant looking goats but the doeling is extra special.

11. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

very interesting pedigree on him! Nighthawk is in my bucks pedigree too, and i may be getting a doe that goes back to him as well. Will be an interesting line breeding.
    With those names i think i would lean towartds something season related to her. Spring in the Alps or something. She is so cute! i love it when they're that little, i still have another three weeks to go until babies. But i saw jujus move last night....
    beth

12. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    They sure are leggy kids!! They are pretty, congrats!! :thumb: