Alpine Buck Conformation Critique Please!

Discussion in 'Goat Conformation' started by Davon, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Davon

Davon Active Member

Sep 21, 2017
    North Carolina
    Here is my 3 year old buck, Sarge. I think he is really handsome, but I am rather clueless about conformation, so I would like to hear what you think of him. Thanks! G3 059.jpg G3 052.jpg G3 061.jpg G3 055.jpg

2. goat girls

goat girls Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2017
    New mexcico
    well the first thing that come to mind when I see this buck is long striaght back, well musled, his body parts blend with each other well,good curvation of the hind legs,good pasterns,deep chest and nice beard.
    Now if I could change a few things they would be a wider chest,tighter toes and less pigeon toed front legs.If you could post a picture of his back end that will help me figure out his back legs more. All in all he is a very nice Buck. If some of this doesn't make sence just post it on here and someone can probably explain it

3. Kath G.

Kath G. Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Wisconsin
    Nice topline, I think I see good body capacity (love to see bucks that look like they might be prego). Good well-muscled and blended neck. Looks like nice rear leg angulation: not too much, not too little. He has very nice balance between dairy-ness and masculinity. Agree with Samantha that a rear shot is needed; I'd ask for a top shot to see build and capacity accurately.
    If I was looking for a doe to match him with, this would be on my wish list: strong pasterns; straight-pointing toes; wide chest; more extension of brisket.

4. goat girls

Dec 13, 2017
    New mexcico
    in other words my Saanen doe would be the perfect match

5. Davon

Davon Active Member

Sep 21, 2017
    North Carolina
    20171219_173227[1].jpg 20171219_173255[1].jpg 20171219_173352[1].jpg 20171219_173356[1].jpg
    Here are the other pictures requested. Thanks so much for the insight so far!

6. goat girls

Dec 13, 2017
    New mexcico
    Wow he's nice, His horns are awesome!!!

7. Davon

Davon Active Member

Sep 21, 2017
    North Carolina
    His horns are awesome. . . And he keeps his neck nice and strong by demolishing anything I put in the pen with them. Hence why his current shelter is a roof cantilevered over an electric fence. :rolleyes:

8. goat girls

Dec 13, 2017
    New mexcico
    My Lamancha does the same thing