The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Debating on registering this doe NOA with ADGA. Her sires papers were lost in a divorce and she was never registered. But I would like opinions first. Do you think she has breed character? What faults do you see that could be improved on/ maybe shouldn't try to register her?
Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
She doesn't look too bad :) I like her long neck, her long legs, and body capacity. She has nice brisket extension. I would like to level her top line out and her rump also. I would like to see sharper withers, smoother blending of the neck, and maybe a tad more rear leg angulation... Now... what doe her udder look like?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Thanks for the response! I bought her after she had dried up from her first kidding so I haven't seen her udder in milk. But dry, her teats are a nice size with excellent placement, and very symmetrical looking. I was told she had a nice high and tight FF udder, but I'll have to wait till February to see for myself how it fills out. She has room back there though. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Did you by chance see at least her dams udder? I don't buy a dairy goat without seeing udders, first. But thats just me :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Her dam was there, also dry, but her dry udder looked just like this does, at 6 yrs old. Not meaty or stretched, even teats and strait middle line. She was my first goat ever to buy. I did ALL the research, read all the books, then just went out and bought the first pretty, sweet, and healthy doe I saw. Lol. Thanks for the input on her!

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Sounds like she has the potential for a nice udder ;) :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts