The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 yr FF. Sire's papers lost in divorce, so considering NOA with ADGA. What do you think of her breed character and tell me your opinions of her faults. Thanks!

Attachments

·
I'm watching you
22,273 Posts
NOA doesn't do anything for a horned doe. The kids would have to be out of a registered buck and still would only be registered 50% recorded grade same as with no papers. The only reason for doing NOA papers is if you plan to show her and you can't show a horned doe regardless.
They seem like a hassle and expense for no return on this girl.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
if you know the sire's name adga may issue a new paper if you can get the previous owner to sign a service memo for you that's what you really need then you can register her. as for her conformation i like her. i would like to see her rump a little leveler.

·
Registered
930 Posts
I don't know anything, but I think she is very pretty. Now, all who are judging her, why do they want a level rump? I am sure there is a reason and I would like to know.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I'm a big record keeper, and I mainly wanted to register her NOA for personal record keeping. I want to get some colorful mini alpines with her. I realize their registry will start as grade no matter what.

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
I like her. i'm not a professional at conformation...all I notice is a steep rump. I love her colour! do alpines have spots usually? I've never seen it!

·
Goat Girl
2,018 Posts
She's a nice looking girl. Looks healthy and well cared for. Could use a more level rump, but as far as breed character I don't see anything that sticks out that would be a DQ at a show. She is just a 2 year old and has a lot of growing left to do.

Alpines can come in almost any color, I've never seen one with moonspots, but on this doe she has the spots because the area that is white should be brown. If I was going to register her I would call her color a Broken Two Toned Chamoisee. The broken being the white belt around her middle and she is a two toned chamoisee because she is lighter colored in the front with brown hindquarters. If she had black hindquarters she would be a broken cou clair.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts