The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so this nanny has been problems
I got her last month and two kids with her
So her utter was real hard when I got her and bad sore dry skin. So got that cleared up .
Just sprayed with an anticept that cleared it up.

Now she has sores on her teats

Jaw Felidae Carnivore Grey Whiskers

Attachments

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also her kids that are eating fine both just came down with the runs......
Dark brown to black
So I gave all a shot of la200 2 cc
Also a shot of 2 cc of penicillin
All have been while down with
7 dust so no lice issue
Have wormed all pink tint on mom kids more red
All eating good but she just looks rough
Haven't had time to run any test very busy at work.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sold the kids last night so now she should fat in up.
She eats as much as the rest
Grass,hay,grain.
So we will see this week
Her poop is good so no problems there

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
I bet you anything those kids were chewing on her. I have a ton of kids that do that. The only thing I can figure is, you know how they only nurse for a little bit then jump away? I think they bit on and try to keep the teats. I swear by calf manna on thin animals, and people have raved about beat pulp so picked up some of that for my buck that got weaned kinda young, between the 2 and grain he is doing better then anything else ;)

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
I bet you anything those kids were chewing on her. I have a ton of kids that do that. The only thing I can figure is, you know how they only nurse for a little bit then jump away? I think they bit on and try to keep the teats. I swear by calf manna on thin animals, and people have raved about beat pulp so picked up some of that for my buck that got weaned kinda young, between the 2 and grain he is doing better then anything else ;)
Not to jump on here, but I've been wondering where everyone gets beet pulp? I don't think the co-op in town has it...

·
2,203 Posts
First thing first. My first guess was staph. However...then I read you have the kids on her still. My suggestion would be to separate for at least 8-10 hours a day to give those poor teats a break. When I separate her I would dip in mineral oil, or coconut oil, or smother her in bag balm. Before you put her back in with babies I would dip in iodine as well. Or even right over the top of the cream.

Second, beet pulp around here can be bought at farm n fleet or feed mill.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Poor girl .... So went out to feed all as I was feeding checking her over.....now looks like she is the last to get the sore mouth thought she might have had it or wouldnt get it but she is straight right blown out with it .. Front and side lips sore to bleeding poor girl..but eating fine...kids are gone already in a day hey utter look better

But she was eating chowing down .

·
2,203 Posts
Poor girl .... So went out to feed all as I was feeding checking her over.....now looks like she is the last to get the sore mouth thought she might have had it or wouldnt get it but she is straight right blown out with it .. Front and side lips sore to bleeding poor girl..but eating fine...kids are gone already in a day hey utter look better

But she was eating chowing down .
Oh no! Poor girl!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts