The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really interested in Alpines. What are some nice lines and anything else you can tell me about them. What you like/dislike.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Chelsey! You don't need anymore goats! :slapfloor:

I admit...I've been looking into Alpines, too. :oops:

I like Cherry Glen, Hoaches and Brandts, Iron Rod, Munchin'Hill, Walnut Fork, and Redwood Hills just to name a few. :wink:

·
Registered
751 Posts
i like the sand dance herd in FL. the redwood herd & chateau brian't in maine i also like pearl vally goats. cat walk farm in KY has some really nice lines also. i have chateau brian't.sweet dreams,sand dance & nesra acres in my herd & found that they will mix good with just about any of the other lines. what i like about the alpines is the are very loyal & loving dislike they are a little to independent at times

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I am looking at one or two for milking, through the winter :greengrin: But I probably wouldn't get any till next year (if I get one)

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
i dont much like herds as i like individual goats from different herds. I buye what i like. I like annie peek and kickoff from the munchin hill herd, pearl andalusia sustina and myrna from the iron rod herd. I really like voodoo from the shinging moon herd, as well as qua non. Qu non actually beat jumbalaya at a show a few years ago. Desire (jr. doe page) also looks to have a lot of potential. I like what i have seen from the sand dance herd, though being on the west coast i have only seen limited amounts.
beth

1 - 5 of 5 Posts