Am I the only one???

Discussion in 'Barnyard Bananza' started by shanzone2001, Dec 23, 2009.

1. shanzone2001

shanzone2001 New Member

Nov 8, 2009
    :ROFL: I am hoping to find reassurance from fellow forum members and animal lovers that I am not the ONLY person who actually dreams about the perfect barn and chicken coop. I should probably be dreaming about my boyfriend riding in on a white stallion, but NOPE...lately it been all about my barn and coop. Even looking at pictures of barns gets me smiling brighter than looking at my very handsome man! He thinks I have lost it.....

2. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    I'd like a nice barn... :greengrin:

I draw different versions of my future barn, set-ups, chutes, places to store enough hay for many goats, and it need to be heated. cement floors would be nice, running water inside the barn, heck maybe a bedroom :wink:

3. shanzone2001

shanzone2001 New Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Yes, I want one, too. That is why I dream about it because it doesn't exist!!!

4. goatiegurl*Oh

goatiegurl*Oh Senior Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio

I do the same thing lol

5. MissMM

MissMM New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    McGregor, MN
    You are definitely not the only one! I dream of winning the lottery so I can afford to build an old fashion, huge red barn w/the critter area on the ground floor and living quarters above. Observation area off the back of the 2nd floor to watch the critters in the barn, even a glass floor in the family room that looks into the kidding stalls below.......

There's a neat tool on the following site that lets you design your own "dream barn" or garage or whatever:

http://www.fbibuildings.com/Pages/FBiPlanner.html

6. citylights

citylights Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Southern California
  7. pelicanacresMN

pelicanacresMN New Member

Yes, I dream about different things that can be done in my barns also. But most of all, I go crazy trying to think of how many kids each doe will have, what colors, how many boys/girls, what bucks I can breed to future unborn kids lol! I still have until around March 5th to wait before kidding even starts!

8. Oh, I even day dream of what I am doing next to make improvments and what I would like to do here and there if this were so and so on. I think you are normal as the rest of us nuts. LOL :ROFL:

9. Tyler

Tyler New Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Central Illinois
    I'm constantly sitting over my pad of drafting paper drawing up the perfect barn.

@citylights: ditto!

10. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    ok thats to funny because althought I rarely dream of money I had a dream last night I won some show (like the Amazing Race) maybe I was thinking of this thread to much :slapfloor:

11. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

I dream of a perfect barn daily.
    :cool: still waiting for my dad to develop into reality. . . .

12. GotmygoatMTJ

GotmygoatMTJ New Member

Oh I dream about barns all the time, except now their coming to life! Yepp! Were getting a brand new barn! Not to brag..... :love: 3 horse stalls, tack and feed room and a place for hay and bedding. Thats the horse barn. We already have a goat barn but its not done yet. But when it gets done, itll look like this-

[​IMG]

I plan on sleeping in the aisle way or in the feed room during kidding season! Especially since Ill be off for summer break. :leap: Haha

I also enjoy modeling barns in my Zoo Tycoon 2 game. :roll: its real fun and i usally love my barns. :love:

13. Trace

Trace New Member

Dec 28, 2008
    My hubby wants a man cave on top and stalls on the bottom. LOL.

14. shanzone2001

shanzone2001 New Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Beautiful barn plans...you should brag!!! :ROFL: When I win the lottery I will be sure to brag about mine, too!

15. Tyler

Tyler New Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Central Illinois
    :ROFL:

16. Chi Chi

Chi Chi New Member

Mar 7, 2010
    i have this dream too!

17. LomaVerdeBoers

LomaVerdeBoers New Member

Oct 4, 2009
    Az.
    You're not nuts, I draw new barn designs about every 3 days or so, then I figure out how much it"ll cost me and it bums me out. lol My latest design is a 30x 50 metal structure with a 14' tall breezway for hay storage above it.

18. Chi Chi

Chi Chi New Member

Mar 7, 2010
    That sounds wonderful!

19. Angus

Angus New Member

Nov 14, 2009
    I don't think there is the perfect barn. As soon as we finish a project, I want to go back and change something that's already done. Needs change as your interest changes. For me, experience is the biggest driver for change. Once you start using it, you realize things you should have done differently.