The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My doe is 9 days early and just started having super slight amber discharge... what am I looking at here? Late term abortion? Something else? Is there anything I can do? She is acting totally normal! Very concerned goat mom over here!! Any advice would be so appreciated!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you sure the discharge came out amber or did it dry amber?
I’m not sure. My mom said she saw clear discharge earlier and then when I checked this afternoon it looked how it did in the picture. So it’s very possible it dried that way!

·
Registered
83 Posts
My doe is 9 days early and just started having super slight amber discharge... what am I looking at here? Late term abortion? Something else? Is there anything I can do? She is acting totally normal! Very concerned goat mom over here!! Any advice would be so appreciated! View attachment 207479
If she is acting totally normal, then don’t worry. My goats have discharge sometimes weeks before they go into actual labor.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How is this doe?
Still pregnant! We keep thinking she will kid bc she is showing lots signs (standing by herself, pawing the ground, hips more prominent, more vocal then usual, sight personality change, licking the air off and on, seems more uncomfortable) but all are very mild and inconsistent over the last few days and she hasn’t shown and strong signs yet! 🤦‍♀️ She is still having very slight discharge... She’s still five days away from her due date, so it’s anyone’s guess at this point. Pics from this morning. I appreciate you all checking in!

·
Registered
Goats
693 Posts
Still pregnant! We keep thinking she will kid bc she is showing lots signs (standing by herself, pawing the ground, hips more prominent, more vocal then usual, sight personality change, licking the air off and on, seems more uncomfortable) but all are very mild and inconsistent over the last few days and she hasn’t shown and strong signs yet! 🤦‍♀️ She is still having very slight discharge... She’s still five days away from her due date, so it’s anyone’s guess at this point. Pics from this morning. I appreciate you all checking in! View attachment 207649 View attachment 207650
Omg! I want her! She is such a pretty gal!!!! Hope everything goes well for yall❤

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi everyone!

she started having contractions around 8 this morning, but we’ve literally been sitting out in the pasture all day and seen nothing new and it’s almost 6 pm now. Is this normal? How long dose ‘pre-labor’ last for? I’m sure they were contractions earlier, but she hasn’t had any for awhile. She’s been getting up and down all day & has more prominent hips, so things are moving along. Just very slowly and I don’t know if I should be concerned.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts