amber goo question

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by crocee, Feb 22, 2009.

1. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    Tilly is starting to leak a small amount of amber colored goo from her vulva. Its not like the amount shown of the Fiasco site, more like a thin string. Right now its dripping, its a constant string but not very long. The bottom part of it breaks off leaving about 2 inches left behind. Does this mean kidding is immanent? or that we still have a while/days to go? Today is her first due date according to my best guesstimation of when the gentleman I got her from said he saw her bred. She doesn't seem to be actively contracting(nothing in the 20 minutes or so I was out there a few minutes ago). Her udder has gotten slightly larger than it was the other day, still soft, not really hard like it would be if it were full to capacity. So what do you think? Tonight/early morning or days yet? I am sure you are getting tired of questions about this as yet unproductive doe but this is our first kidding.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Re: amger goo question

probably more like tomorrow

3. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle

When this amber goo gets really long and thick your lookin at very soon! (big help huh)

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

don't worry about it ...we never get tired of questions ...the more the merrier ..... :wink:
    I wish we could predict... exactly the hour of kidding .. we have had them hang on and hang on.....driving us bonkers ...to where we were pulling our hair out.. :hair: some of us are bald...LOL just kidding.... :greengrin: ....we feel your torture in the waiting game...been there... :hug: :grouphug:

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

never tired of questions.

So any progress yet?

6. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas

Ummmmm NOPE. I am about ready to squeeze them out. :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair:

7. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

I hear ya..... :wink: :hair:

8. Firestone Creek Farm

Firestone Creek Farm New Member

Jul 11, 2008
    NC, USA

tried the squeezing thing... didn't help much... :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

9. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas

Just how long does this amber colored goo continue to drip? It was gone earlier today but now its back. I hate not knowing the exact day and time. When I had my kids I made an appointment and had the baby a half hour later. Waiting is not one of my finer pionts.

10. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

I am one of those. I HATE surprises and I especially hate waiting for babies. 5 months is a LONG time. Especially when I do a pregnancy test at 30 days, so I KNOW when they are supposed to be here - gosh - and for you not even knowing - you poor poor thing!

11. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

The more questions the better! This discharge you are seeing can continue for a few days before she actually gets down to business. The moment you can sense that something is just "not right" with her attitude and demeanor, thats when she'll be ready.

12. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas

She has not made a sound in 3 weeks, thats totally abnormal. Shes usually the loudest and most obnoxious goat I have. She hangs out with her best buddy all the time, seems they are inseparable lately. Her buddy even does the wall climbing for her.

13. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

:ROFL:

14. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    Well the amber goo was gone again this morning. I have been keeping a close eye on her since I am home from work due to a chronic injury. Got a cortisone shot in my shoulder joint for supposed bursitis and now my shoulder is somewhat frozen. Unable to move it more than a couple inches with out severe pain and stiffness. I have had these shots before and never had a problem.

I will keep checking every few hours to see if it returns. I can still the kids moving around a bit so I guess that's a good sign.

Is there anything I need to do if it keeps disappearing?

15. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Nope, nothing you can do....except watch and wait. Hope your shoulder gets better soon....watching a doe when it's cold outside is awful on the joints :hug:

16. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am sorry you are in pain...I pray you get better real soon.... :hug:

17. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    Well this afternoon was different. Still no more goo but she has what looks like dried blood on her vulva. She was all the way across the pen when I went out to check on her. When she saw me she came running as fast as she could maaaaaing her head off. This girl has not uttered a single maa in 3 weeks and now shes hollering like she did before. She also doesn't look as big as she was, its like she shrunk. Udder is still the same size and healing very well. Even the thumb looked smaller.

18. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

Did you check the pasture for a kid (possibly a dead one if you didnt hear it crying) or any signs of one? - that doesnt sound right :scratch: :(

19. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    We checked everywhere as thats what we thought. There was nothing there. No dogs have been in there either. Checked the goat house and all around the fence line, nothing there either. The amount of dried blood was just a small amount but it was different. This doe is driving me nuts and I figure thats contributing to my pain, all the worrying about her.

20. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    If she looks different to you, those kids have dropped into position, hopefully she starts making progress in the next day or so. The discharge you saw was likely her mucous plug....some does will lose theirs anywhere from a week and a half to the day before delivery.