The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it's official we got the blood test results today and both Amberly and Punkin are pregnant.
The buck was with them from June 1 thru July 24. So due dates are between Oct 24 and Dec.
Punkin is a ff and this will be Amberly's second freshening.
I posted about Amberly earlier this year she had us fooled right until the end that she was pregnant, which is why I opted for blood tests.
Anyway, we are very excited and this is warning I will be posting many pictures leading up to the big day, most likely asking many questions as this will be my first goat kidding.

·
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Amberly pics at around 80- 90 days. I am not really sure how far along she is as I have a hard time catching her in heat, so we left the buck with her for about six weeks

image-3099437973.jpg

Attachments

·
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just wondering how to go about blood tests. How much does it cost?
http://www.biotracking.com/goats -
It cost me $88.5 total for 4 goats they give you a list of labs and each could have a different price for the test.
That includes
$15.5 for the blood drawing kit (enough for 11 tests)
$26 for the pregnancy test ( $6.5 x 4)
$19 for CAE test - this is an additional service I choose to use ($4.75 x 4)
$28 to ship overnight (i think this was the price I used UPS)

plus dinner and wine for my vet tech friend who taught me how to draw blood. :)

for me it was well worth it since last year I spent 4 months staring at Amberly's backside only to find out she wasn't pregnant.

Now I know when I am seeing things change I am not crazy

·
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Updated Amberly Pic

So in the past week I have noticed the beginning of an udder. I am guessing she is due around the end of October.

Attachments

·
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Updated Punkin pics

Punkin's udder just started coming in, I am thinking she might be a week or so behind Amberly.

Can anyone tell me if I should worry about the little red bump on her pooch?

Attachments

·
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So the girls are coming up to about 6 weeks before their due dates.
I was going to dose them with the following
CD&T
Copasure
Selinium vitamin E
Ivomectin ( injection)

Some questions
Is it safe to do all at once or should I spread it over a few days?
What are the correct dosages for Nigerian Dwarfs?

Is there any thing else I should be doing for the girls to get them ready for kidding.

They are getting
Free choice :
Forage
Manna pro minerals
Hay
Every evening a mix of
alfalfa pellets
Oats
Black oil sunflower seeds
And 1cup each of dairy goat pellets

·
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Weird grunting noises

I am worried about my Amberly the soonest she could be due is Oct 25th. (Buck came here June 2nd)
Her pooch is very swollen and she is making weird grunting noises. Please tell me this is normal

·
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sounds lie she is just getting big, i'd grunt too if was getting ready to have mulitples!
Thanks Enchanted Goats - I know I am over anxious. I figured out she only grunts when she is laying down so makes sense the pressure is cause some discomfort.

·
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I have caught Amberly like this a few times now. She is getting so big it reminds me of my last few weeks I couldn't get comfortable and tried to sleep in weird positions too :)

Attachments

·
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am traveling this week not due to get back until Wednesday afternoon
My friend just sent me these pictures I am really afraid they are not going to wait until I get home. What do you guys think? The buck came on June 2nd so 145 days would be Friday these are Nigerian dwarfs. Today is 140 if they took on the first day

Attachments

·
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The excitement is building these girls can go anytime now. Both of them are leaking an amberish discharge not streaming just a little on their tails. Their ligs are softening but still tight and theirs bags are filling but not the shiny tight look yet.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts