American Idol

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by HoosierShadow, Jan 27, 2011.

1. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Anyone watching? I've watched a few days worth so far, still need to watch last night's show <hard to do when my kids rule the tv>. Thank goodness for dvr!

Anyway....did you all see Lauren Alaina's performance? OMG that girl is really good! I can NOT believe she's only 15 and has a voice like that! Amazing! I hope she goes all the way! If you haven't seen her check her out on youtube. I also befriended her page on facebook and she has another beautiful song posted on her page.

I do like Chris too, I can't remember his last name, I saw his video on line from last night and he seems really good too. There are others I like, but Lauren is the one that stuck out for me.

I have only watched the show since the year David Cook won, but have to say....having Steven Tyler and JLo as judges with Randy is REALLY AWESOME. JLo is one of my favorite actresses, and Steven's band has always been one of my favorites.

So...what's your thoughts? Anyone particular that stands out for you? I think it's going to be a really good season, fingers crossed of course!

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Oh yeah...love it.... :thumb:

Just like Steven said ...at the end of the show....we have found her ...our winner ..she was definitely incredible... I do agree there... :greengrin:

I love the selection of Judges too....all are very talented... :clap: ..It was funny because ...when JLo was starting out.... even the bad ones ...she couldn't say no to...now.... she is lightening up and getting to what she needs to do....with the not so good ones... :laugh:

3. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

I am right there with you Hoosier that girl is AWESOME I hope she wins or atleast goes really far. I don't really watch it but my mom does and the night she was on is the only one i have seen.

4. GotmygoatMTJ

GotmygoatMTJ New Member

The girl Stormy Henley on there is from my town. :)

5. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    That's very cool that she is from your town! Good Luck to Stormy!

Roger - I started watching a few years ago after my step mom nagged at me to watch it. I don't watch all the auditions, but try to catch a lot of them.
    Scotty Mcreery is 16 and he is also AWESOME, I can't believe he has such a deep voice! If you like Josh Turner, Randy Travis, etc. you'll like this kid.

It'll be fun to see what happens and who gets narrowed down, but I have to say, I am soooo impressed with all the 15-16 year olds that are trying out!

Pam - I totally agree! I love the judges! They all bring something different into it IMO, much more so than the previous judges. I thought I'd really miss Simon, but Steven brings a whole new spunk to the show!
    His comments just keep the laughs coming! My husband and kids liked the guy trying to sing Lady Gaga and Steven Said something like "Frank Sinatra? .....Where.... was Frank in that?" LOL

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    So cool.... :thumb: :greengrin:

HeHe... :laugh: yep... frank wasn't there..... LOL.... I too... love the new life in the show..... it is better than a mean "Simon".......I really don't miss him....now that Steven is in there... :wink: And Jlo is a sweetheart to take the place of Paula.... :cool: