The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Goat Crazy!
6,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So....I've been smiling all afternoon. My mom wanted me to go into WallyWorld and purchase a bottle of wine for her.

The cashier mumbled something as I was fumbling in my purse for my wallet. I suddenly realized what she said and looked up, stunned, "Did...Did you just ask to see my I.D.??????"

She squinted at me like I was a weirdo (which I am, but that's beside the point), "Yes..."

I squealed, "I LOVE YOU!" I wanted to hug her, but the counter was in the way.

"Um...You're welcome."

I think I pretty much skipped all the way back to the car.

I mean, I've been working out and all, but wow. I'm only one year shy of getting my senior discount at the bread store AND SHE CARDED ME! WOOOOOOT!

·
14,615 Posts
Aww, hate to burst your bubble but some stores have a policy that require proof of age even when you are in yer mid 60's.

·
Super Moderator
82,486 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
I had the reverse happen at McDonalds, the little twit at the counter wanted to know if I wanted a SR. Coffee! Grrrrr. I'm in better shape than she is and I'm 57, not 65. :(
Once my dad got close to the Sr. Discount age, he started to get excited...the nearest Fred Meyer's has a senior discount day once a month, and one of the local restaurant does too on Fridays. So he would meet his buddies for coffee so they all could get the senior discount!

·
Goat Crazy!
6,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah...I got offered a senior discount when I was forty-stinkin'-five. (That was NOT a good day!) That was when I started dying my hair. I do want my discount, but NOT UNTIL I'M OLD!!!!!! ;-)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts