An EXCELLENT outcome!!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by liz, Jul 25, 2008.

1. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    The little doeling that had the cocci infection at 7 weeks and was treated before she went to her new home with her dinky little sister is now 5 months old and weighs 25 pounds!! Her mommy emailed me a pic of the 2 girls and I am so very happy that she is showing no signs whatsoever of stunted growth!! Her sister though is being treated for a possible birth defect of the bones in her legs, which I had no clue about before they left because she seemed to be a normal healthy little pygmy like her sisters...,though her sissy that was sick looks more nigi.... I did question them standing down hill though because I thought the smaller one had a very high rump which scared me but it was because of the hill, though she does have a steep rump it's just not THAT high. Introducing Delilah and LilyBelle(she's polled and though D was disbudded she has developed scurs and her mommy feels she's ok with that and doesn't want to stress her anymore, she is getting glucosamine and baby aspirin gor pain...she takes them in a mini marshmallow and just loves it)

D is on the left and weighs 18#...LB was the one with the infection and weighs 25#...proof that not all cocci cases are "hopeless"

[​IMG]

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh my they are just adorable!!! :drool:

3. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Thank you Stacey, even though the black doe has the birth defect, which I do believe I had a very lengthy post on it, she is doing well and her big sister is such a sweetheart too, I am so happy that their owner keeps in contact and sends me pics...the grayish girl was the one and only kid to contract cocci and she has bounced back so quickly that even I'm amazed.

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    she looks like she is smiling for the camera it is so sweet!

5. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Thats awesome!! I am so glad they are so well taken care of too! They looks so happy. Cocci definatly does not always mean they are stunted. I have several that had cocci that grew and continue to grow very well.