An Oops?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by turtlebutte goats, Mar 23, 2009.

1. turtlebutte goats

turtlebutte goats New Member

Nov 22, 2008
    I have 3 doe fainters in a pen with a miniture dairy whether and a buckling. The 3 does and the fainter were all born in December. At what age should I remove the whether and buckling so I dont have an oops? Also, I came home yesterday and found that my two year old pygmy billy jumped the fence and got in with the rest of the goats. Would the does have been old enough to take?

2. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I do believe it is possible but I do not think I would be to worried. When you got home did you see and evidence on the back end of the girls that the buck go to them?
    I sure would get the buckling away from the does.

If yo are worried about it and you think the buck might of gotten to them does you can always lutilice the does 7-10 days from yesterday. If it was me I would NOT want a doe bred that young at all.

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    accidents do happen ... :( ....If at all in doubt...use Lutelace...you can get it from your vet.... :hug:

4. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Bucks are sexually mature at three months. Where there is a will there is a way, thats how mini dairy goats came about as well as kinders. All small sized bucks with larger does. And most fainters arnt as tall as mature dairy does.
    beth

5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Had I known that I had the option of Lutlyse when Angel was bred at 4 months old, I would have given it to her......but I didn't and she delivered a healthy single doe all on her own at 9 months old.

And as Beth said...where there is a will theres a way...my now 5 year old pygmy buck was just 3 months old when he sired his first kids...the girls took the low side of the ditch :wink:

6. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    I am hopen also my Pani did not breed with the does that he is in a pen with. WE want him to have him breed with them when they are older. My boss loves Pancakes coloring and wants some more Pani babies running around. We actuly are right now keeping our older does away from all the buckes and wiethers now.