The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a really nice fellow gave me this goat today. She's 9 months old. Likely bred.

She's lovely, not sure of the breed other than some nubian in there....

She's very pretty but was having a very very hard time with hoof rot in the home she was in. They had a lot of mud, and not much dry areas.

They did the best they could, but she seems to be the kind of goat that is going to have issues.

So I bought her home, she's kind of nervous. But I think she'll come around.
I did some trimming on her hooves. Here are a few photos. I think a couple weeks and she'll be good to go on the hoof issue!

Hoof before:

Hoof after:

another hoof before:

and after:

She'll take a bit of work, but totally worth it!

·
Super Moderator
58,925 Posts
Good thing you are buying more land! She is a cutie! Congrats on the new girl and hope you get her hoof rot problems taken care of easily.

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
Is that a milking stand you have her in? You wouldn't happen to have plans for it, would you? I don't like the milking stands I've seen because they are so narrow and I'm always afraid a doe will go off the side and get hurt.

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
Thank you sooo much, Dayna! You have no idea how much you have just simplified my life!

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
I got so excited over the milking stand that I forgot to tell you that your new doeling looks really good! She is also beautiful! I would venture to guess there is some Boer in there, but I'm not sure - I'm really bad at identifying breeds. :eek:

·
Registered
30,656 Posts
Congrats Dana..she is a doll, a bit of sassy in that face lol.....I would guess boer and either spanish or Alpine...

·
2,203 Posts
I love your two legged helper! Imagine having a minimum of 8 (at all times) following you around to help. Haha

·
Registered
15 Posts
She is beautiful! And she looks so calm :) I would definitely be willing to bet there is Boer in her, maybe even half Boer. She does look like she has ND in her as well though, looking at her body shape and the way her horns are growing. Maybe she's a Boer, ND mix :) I hope her hooves clear up very soon!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts