ANATOLIAN SHEPHERDS JUST BORN -central texas- sold

Discussion in 'Other Animals For Sale' started by MrKamir, Apr 1, 2010.

1. MrKamir

MrKamir New Member

Nov 1, 2009
    texas
    We have anatolian shepherds just born March 21. My girl Hope had 10 puppies. She is a "pinto" white with blonde spots and the daddy Sam is fawn with a black mask. She had 2 fawn males, 2 fawn females, 1 pinto male and 5 pinto females. They all have a mask(full or partial). Not all dogs keep the mask, some disappear as they get older, some masks stay. Will probably let them leave when they are 10 weeks old once they learn from their parents what they should be doing. They were born in the pasture with goats and will be raised in the pasture. Once my hubby shows me how to post pics that are not too big, I will post the picture of the puppies. They are not registered so they will not be expensive.

2. OhCee

OhCee Yak Lady

Feb 26, 2010
    Western MT
    Re: ANATOLIAN SHEPHERDS JUST BORN -central TX

Awesome :) Congrats! I look forward to seeing pictures :D

3. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle

:thumb: Me too I wanna see pics!

4. farmergal

farmergal New Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Northern California

Oooh that is tempting. I have wanted an LGD for quite some time... but don't know much about Anatolians, I had mostly been looking at Maremmas and Great Pyrs.

Would love to see pics of the litter and out of curiosity hear any insights you have about the breed!

5. MrKamir

MrKamir New Member

Nov 1, 2009
    texas

Here they are!

Attached Files:

6. MrKamir

MrKamir New Member

Nov 1, 2009
    texas

I love these dogs. I have 3 adults. They work together as a team. They love their herd. Actually, the goats are their family. You cannot get these dogs to leave the pasture. You can open the gate and they won't leave. That is their home and you cannot make them leave. We get their shots and boosters from the vet and administer them ourselves because they are huge and they won't get in your truck. We had to load up one of the females in a goat carrier and carry it to the truck to take her to the vet to get her spayed. Once we got there we carried the cage into the vets office where she was given a shot to make her sleep so they could handle her. That's how stubborn they are about leaving their goat family. You must be BOSS to them. Our male is very motherly to the goats and we have to make sure our goats are locked up to kid or he will pick one as his own. If he does this, the goat refuses the baby. Then we are stuck bottle feeding. They are very super protective and sadly have killed some of our turkeys and ducks that flew into the pasture. Our cats who are used to dogs found out quick these dogs mean business and have escaped barely within an inch of their lives. If strangers come over to see the goats, make sure you go into the pasture with them. The dogs will smell of them and make sure they are not there to harm the goats. Some people have refused to go in out of fear. Others have gone in and found that they love to be petted. You can hear the coyotes at night and have yet to see any coyote try to get in the pasture. I could go on and on about them. If you get one or two, make sure it is a lifetime committment because they do bond with their owners. I have gone on a trip and my husband will call and tell me that the male refuses to eat cause he doesn't know what's going on. Once I get back, he gets all happy and eats. So I can't leave for too long. If you have any more questions I'll be glad to answer them.

7. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas

I wish you were not so far from me, we are looking on getting another LGD to go with Ginger our Anatolian/GP mix. She is just working herself to exhaustion and she just turned a year old.

8. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle

I love my two boys would never be without them! A couple years ago had our first pup in a pen next to the goats. One morning he was in with them. A few days later a neighbor stopped by to tell me a cougar had been spotted; the same morning I found him with goats.
    Since then we have added a 3/4 Anatolian Pyr pup. I was a little skeptical having him around the babies but he never chases them.
    People are afraid of their sheer size if they wanted to they could knock you over & lick you to death unless you were an intruder.
    The pup is pretty protective I have to shove him out of the way he will just come lean on me.
    They prefer to be with the goats they could hop fence in a heartbeat but have always stayed with them.
    Its wonderful to watch them work; the older one knows who belongs in the hood & lets pup do all the barking.

9. farmgirl1

farmgirl1 New Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Monroeville, NJ

Wish you weren't so far! I want one! lol. Don't have the money thugh. Once I start my herd and start selling goats I might look into a dog!

10. farmergal

farmergal New Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Northern California

Oh wow, I am so tempted. They are absolutely beautiful and sound amazing. I had been looking into Great Pyrs for about a year now but from everything I have heard they are serious wanderers, and if there's any little weakness to the fencing they will find it... and turn up 5 miles away... this always seemed a bit :scratch: to me because I always thought that LGDs were supposed to bond with their flock. So, with the Anatolians, if for instance you trained them in a well-fenced pasture (6-foot fencing all around) and let them bond with their flock... and then let the flock out... they would stay with it, even if there were weaknesses in the fencing? (I know not every pup will be perfect, but in an ideal world, that's what they'd do?) Also, do they prefer to work as a single or a pair?

I will have to talk to my FH about this... I did promise him no more (new) animals for a year... and that was just, oh, 2 weeks ago. :doh: But I have also been talking about letting the sheep free range because they eat EVERYTHING in the fenced pasture down to a nub... if I am not able to get one now, are you planning on rebreeding in the future?

btw, it looks like their coats would be WAY better than Great Pyrs. I have heard horror stories about thousands of $$$ on vet bills because of fox tails stuck in Great Pyr's coats and working their way under the skin... shorter fur can be so much better in high grass places...

11. MrKamir

MrKamir New Member

Nov 1, 2009
    texas

To the person in Angleton, I'm not sure where Angleton is but maybe we can arrange to met halfway. I understand about your dog being tired. We find that they work better in pairs. When there is danger, one goes to see what is going on and the other stays with the goats til that danger is gone. It is very amazing to watch them work. They are not too heavy and are swift to run. We have ours in a 1 1/2 acre pasture with goats and they are very fast. I'm talking seconds they get from one side to the other. They look so menacing to strangers but they are big babies to us. They love their bellys rubbed and I always give them a kiss peck on the nose. I love looking into their soulful eyes. Of course you must be BOSS to them and let them know that. What I mean is you must show them early on that you are ALPHA and correct them on their mistakes without fear. Like telling them no when they are a puppy and want to chase a goat. NEVER hit them or hurt them in any way. They will bond with you and respect you and will do as you say although sometimes they can be a little independent and may not answer all the time when called, this is their trait in the breed. So please have patience. As long as they are born in the pasture and raised in the pasture with the goats beside them, they learn from their parents what they must do. There is really no training. It's mostly instinct. As far as fencing. We have a high fence with a electric wiring. But the electric wiring is for the goats cause they try to get out if you don't have something to hold them back. Since the goats are Nigerians Dwarfs, we have the wiring low so the babies don't try to get out. The dogs can easily get out but they don't even try. I don't know if we are rebreeding. We haven't decided on that yet. My puppies are 3 weeks old now and their eyes are open and barely starting to walk. I'm falling in love.

12. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

how cute.... :love: :greengrin:

13. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska

aw little pudgy puppies...lol. flashy too ;)

14. MrKamir

MrKamir New Member

Nov 1, 2009
    texas

Just wanted to share a picture of one of my puppies. All her brother and sisters are gone.

Attached Files:

15. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

I absolutely love Kangals .... to see them in their true heritage in Turkey is amazing - but to be able to see a piece of my daughters homeland here reminds me of the days in Turkey with her.

Thank you

16. MrKamir

MrKamir New Member

Nov 1, 2009
    texas

I love my dogs. They are the best. Loving and loyal to their goat family and their owner family. Here is a picture of her with her father.

Attached Files:

17. K-Ro

K-Ro New Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Texas

Where abouts in Central Texas are you located? Feel free to pm me.

18. MrKamir

MrKamir New Member

Nov 1, 2009
    texas

sold our last puppy. getting picked up this weekend. :)

19. MrKamir

MrKamir New Member

Nov 1, 2009
    texas
    Re: ANATOLIAN SHEPHERDS JUST BORN -central texas- 1 AVAILABL

Due to a deal not realized. Independence is still available. She will be 4 months old next week. She has all her shots and rabies and wormed. Needs to leave soon. Mama getting too attached to her. I can't keep her. I have 3 adult anatolians. She is for $200.

20. mrs. lam

mrs. lam New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Re: ANATOLIAN SHEPHERDS JUST BORN -central texas- 1 AVAILABL

If we had decided to go to OK to visit hubby's brothers, I would take her. The boy's are fighting and getting on our nerves, so we decided to kick it around here instead. :sigh: Siblings are such a pain in the butt. How close are you to Tulsa? When we do decide to visit them in the future I'll check with you. Gotta' Bass Pro Shop near you? We like to get T-shirts from different ones. Hubby get's a shirt....I get a dog. Perfect! :laugh:

Gina