And I thought two at once was bad...

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by sparks879, Sep 14, 2009.

1. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh boy wow I wouldnt have been as calm I am sure -- sounds like they all kidded without complications which is the most important part which would have made it more hectic.

Good story find Beth :thumb:

3. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Mine last year was almost but not quite as bad. I had three doing at the same time. I was going from one stall to the other to check progress or pull babies. I had 6 babies in a matter or 7 minutes. The worst part was I was alone. My DH and Dd were not home.

I ended up haven 12 babies in three days.

4. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

I think they do it on purpose! Ihad five kids in two days, my kidding season was over really wuick. three does two days and im done.
    beth

5. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Oh my, that poor woman was going in circles!

I had 4 kids in 1 day...2 moms within 18 hours of each other....and all does!

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    that is alot of work and worry..... :help: :doh: :shocked:

7. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    :shocked: ahh!

i did that this season...4 does with the buck. then after the rest got home from the fair i put them with the newbies and the buck went back..well one escaped who had escaped (jumped a 5ft fence?, and lured the buck to jump his) and got bred in the middle of the street..i was doing homework and heard honking, looked outside and ummm, they were breeding...hehe :oops:

well I have 5 does bred within 4 days :doh: in Feb..cold month :doh:

8. Nubiansrus1

Nubiansrus1 New Member

Sep 2, 2009
    We had that happen to us as well...

I was waiting on this one doe... the others I had had a few weeks. I went out to check her and another had twins... I was helping one get its first meal, and i look away for a moment and another doe had twins... go and check those out, and in the same pen, another just had a single. Had another set of twins that day, then another single ten hours later... it was insane, but all were healthy. So I was very happy