The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the ongoing saga of why is Rascal screaming...

He's 17 months old and spoiled to the point that he's fully rotten. He loves his daddy and will do anything to stay with him even when it's not convenient for dad.... Any work that requires a hammer, saw, tape measure or any other working tools and Rascal is right there to help. He loves to chew the cords of the electrical appliances, also any time dad wears a nail apron he's constantly untying it. If dad bends over to get something Rascal is on his back doing his rendition of goat yoga. When the day is done and dad has done all he can do with so much help he comes in and the screaming starts... I'm hungry, I'm lonely, I want my daddy, I need butt scritches Anything to get our attention... He's a trip that one...

·
8,066 Posts
This will be hard. Tough love. Only go out to pet him etc. when he is quiet. He might only be quiet a minute or two, but if he finally quits yelling- go out and pet him. Reward the quiet, ignore the yelling. (Unless you have neighbors that are not tolerant, then- not sure...)

Hopefully, others have better ideas.....

·
Registered
29,932 Posts
Like a bottle baby in the big herd for the first time..they scream..they want who ever was in charge of their 24 hour care. While we can take it to heart and love the idea of them wanting us..its not healthy for them. If dad can be brave (and as goat Rock's said, neighbors are not an issue) he should ecnore Rascle at all cost. He needs to break the unhealthy bond and create a healthy bond. My two bottle raised babies are 2 years old now. Raised in house for the first 4 months of their life...it was hard. They sure can make you feel guilty. But dad should not go out there at all if possible..but at least if that can't be avoided, only when he needs to do a task at which time he should ecnore Rascle. Don't look, talk or pet him. It's hard!! Now when I go out to the goats pen, everyone comes to me.. everyone wants to be touched and scratched and loved on. I admit. It feels great for them to all come to me..but when I walk away..they walk away and resume eating or what ever. That is healthy. It may take a few days or week to get him into that groove but it will be well worth it in the end. Right now he's like one who has separation anxiety. That's not healthy for anyone or thing.

Best wishes

Reactions: toth boer goats
1 - 5 of 5 Posts