And some more photos for your viewing pleasure *kids*

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by keren, Oct 29, 2008.

1. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    Some of the kids born this year (the main group kidded in September)

Mickey Blue Eyes - buck kid from Goldilocks

[​IMG]

Mickey Blue Eyes (right) and Tiny Dancer (doe kid, left). These two are brother and sister - look at the size difference! Dancer was just so so so TINY at birth while her brother was normal.

[​IMG]

Tiny again. She was peeing, but I thought it was cute the way she basically sat her butt on the ground

[​IMG]

Here are the doe kids I will probably be retaining this year. I had 6 doe kids born, I will most likely keep 3 or 4 and sell the others as stud breeders once they are in their third fleece ready to join. I had 8 buck kids born and at the moment I am thinking I will keep two intact, one angora and one boer. I may keep the little angora to use in my own herd, or sell him as a stud buck in 3rd fleece. The little boer buck will be sold around 5 or 6 mths as a stud buck, if he makes it.

Anyway, here are the does I am thinking of keeping.

Rexie - wow this little girl has a lot of style, she is going to be a beautifully fleeced doe, but knowing her bloodlines she isnt going to be very big, therefore not carry and cut as much fleece as some of my others.

[​IMG]

Not the greatest photos of her. She has a terrific temperament too.

[​IMG]

Her mum is being culled for an undershot jaw, so I was pleased when she had a good jaw.

Next is Dixie - she should be a big, honest type of goat with a heavy fleece - probably not the most stylish but a good profitable doe.

[​IMG]

This is Duskany (sister to Dixie) - I am REALLY excited about this little doe. She has a real presence about her - knowing her bloodlines she should be a big heavy girl with lots of fleece, and she is by my Traveller buck who has a superbly fine and even fleece, whereas her mother tends to be a little strong in the neck. I cant wait to see how she grows out and how her fibre comes through - she still has kid hair at the moment. She is my no.1 pick for this drop.

[​IMG]

And last but not least Daffy - I am undecided on her at the moment, whether I will keep her or sell as a stud doe. She is a good bodied doe but from a bloodline that doesnt have the frame size and fleece weight I am looking for - also tend to have singles not multiples. I do like her though - she keeps catching my eye. I keep mistaking her for Duskany, so obviously she is a good type of kid! lol We will see how she grows out

[​IMG]

Now just some other photos. This is Mugambi Vanity, my FB boer doe who has prolapsed 7 weeks prior to kidding, she is now stitched up and I will be playing the waiting game, getting ready to cut the stitches. We scanned her a few weeks ago and found :baby: :baby: :baby: , but what will I get? I am hoping at least one doe to replace her - she will be culled after these kids because chances are she will prolapse again - and I dont have a doe from her. Last year she had :girl: :girl: :girl: wonder whether she can do it again? She is not a pretty doe at all but she throws REALLY good, show winning kids.

Her sire and dam were fully imported Sth African ETs

[​IMG]

This is Shirley, my nurse doe, feeding Molly, an orphan lamb. Shirley is about a 2nd cross boer with mainly dairy influence. I have been milking her as the lamb cant keep up, but today I have put my little fainting boer onto her, so not much milk for me now.

[​IMG]

Little Red, FB boer wether out of traditional parents, one of my harness boys

[​IMG]

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh they are so beautiful!

what breed are the goats with the fleece angora?

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    What cuties - you are making me want an angora - but I just don't have the ability to take care of the coat.

I love the little one with blue eyes

4. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    Oh my gosh...the little angora babies have the cutest faces! How adorable! You have a lot of nice looking goats...It's obvious you take really good care of them.

5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    WOW what a great mom Shirley is to take on a Lamb. That is increasable.

They are just as cute as ever.

6. FancyAppy

FancyAppy New Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Such adorable little faces! I love your photos!

7. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
  8. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Those babies are adorable!! Good momma with the little lamb too!

9. badnewsboers

badnewsboers New Member

May 9, 2008
    Newport, NC
    Aww...I want Mickey. He has the most beautiful eyes!

And of course I love the Boers. Lovely goats you have.

10. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    Thanks everyone.

The little blue eyed buck is for sale ... but the postage costs might be a little high ... lol You can have his mum too - she has brown eyes but throws the blue eyes in every kid ... I'm NOT a fan of the blue eyes.

Shirley is being so so good - she was a 'range' goat - never really been handled before and she is just fantastic not at all wild which is what I expected. She accepted the lamb and when I was milking from the very first go she stood and I was even game enough to put the bucket on the ground and milk with two hands lol I was going to put the fainter boer kid on her but looking at her today I think the lamb is taking too much milk for the boer to keep up.

11. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Stacey, the fleece from an Angora goat is called Mohair. I had an Angora doe and her doeling years and years ago, in New Mexico. They are great goats. Very happy and friendly. I've heard they are not as hardy as some other breeds, but I never had any trouble with them (although I was a total newbie and didn't even breed her).

Very pretty goats btw! Thanks for the pics.