The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Goat Fawn Working animal Fence Terrestrial animal
21 nannies/41 kids within 27 days. Phew..
I'm running only on coffee, adrenaline, and the Grace of God.

Two pregnant does left. Brook was due the 1st of February. We saw her visually bred. So maybe she didn't take or maybe she'll spit those kids out tonight. Holly is due tomorrow.

I'll try to remember to grab pictures tonight. My cell phone takes horribly fuzzy pictures so I will try to remember to bring my camera.

**Edited to add picture of Holly and Brook**

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
At 4 a.m. this morning Brook gave birth to one healthy kid! Standing in minutes. Now all we are waiting on is Holly! I think she might go sometime tonight/in the am, so I'm about to go feed these bottle babies and lie down for a nap! View attachment 171559
Awww! Congratulations!
Don't forget to share that adorable kid on the 2020 kidding tally!
Congratulations, and enjoy your hard-earned nap! ;)

·
Premium Member
Raising Quality Show & Commercial Goats
5,746 Posts
From what Ive seen. You have done a GREAT Job with ALL your Does. And you babies are proof! Get some rest...then post all those cute little faces for us! And....maybe yours too....(rofl)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
From what Ive seen. You have done a GREAT Job with ALL your Does. And you babies are proof! Get some rest...then post all those cute little faces for us! And....maybe yours too....(rofl)
Thank you. Even though we are two years in, I still feel so inadequate. We came into raising goats knowing practically nothing about them. That compliment means a lot to me.

I'll get a picture up as soon as I sleep these under eye bags away. Ha ha. Husband caught me resting in the hay bales last week, exclaiming "now that's a picture!" but I don't think he captured it. I'll have to ask.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The faces at Jeardoe Ranch. Myself. The one with the cattle was taken just a week ago. I had forgotten about it. I've been on auto pilot for a few weeks now. ha ha!! Me showing my first bottle baby at a show. He's also my avatar. He is the second goat kid born on our ranch and we knew so little and made many mistakes- his mom didn't dilate, so she had a C-section. He didn't get his feet under him for a week (probably selenium deficiency). By the time he was strong enough to stand, him mom would not take him back. Look at me rambling. There is more to his story, but long story short, he is my favorite. He is 1 1/2 years now and we have some of his kids hit the ground this season. Okay, moving on... my wonderful husband who loves the goats probably a little too much if there is such a thing. And my father in law who likes to step in and help.
Snow Vertebrate Working animal Mammal Freezing
Jeans Dog breed Working animal Mammal Hat
Hair Jeans Plant Eye Leg
Jeans Hat Workwear Engineering Gas

1 - 20 of 26 Posts