Anderson ranch waiting........

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by Jessica84, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Jessica84

Jessica84 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    California
    I ended up selling about half my does earlier this year and only have 34 does to kid out. I think I got everyone’s picture but 1.
    Both bucks are new to me so I have mixed feelings of excitement and nervous lol
    Here’s HSFG Hillside Lamar
    IMG_0179.jpg
    And here are his ladies
    IMG_0196.jpg
    Thunder who is due first 12/4
    IMG_0204.jpg
    Xena, no clue when she is due
    IMG_0186.jpg
    Cinderella, no clue
    IMG_0188.jpg
    Ginger due 12/8
    IMG_0187.jpg
    Gig due 12/10
    IMG_0194.jpg
    Sparkles due 12/20
    IMG_0192.jpg
    Sasha due 12/14
    IMG_0185.jpg
    Bootsie due 12/13
    IMG_0197.jpg
    Tiger lily, no clue
    IMG_0198.jpg
    Twilight, due 12/9
    IMG_0205.jpg
    Fancy. Due 12/8
    IMG_0203.jpg
    Snow White, I have a due date of 12/12 but I also saw the buck chasing her for around February kids but I don’t have any of my due dates past December 20th so who knows
    IMG_0191.jpg
    Polly due 12/13
    IMG_0199.jpg
    Moonie due 12/15
    IMG_0193.jpg
    Sissy due 12/8
    IMG_0202.jpg
    Puzzle, no clue
    IMG_0189.jpg
    Godiva (black) due 12/7
    IMG_0180.jpg
    Anna, no clue
    IMG_0181.jpg
    Bella due 12/14
    And Carmella who I don’t have due 12/15
    IMG_0166.jpg
    This is my other sire, Sweet Water Smoke N Hot Tourch (Snot) not the best picture, I had my old retired man being jealous and a pain in my behind when I was trying to get pictures, but this was him at 10 months old when I pulled him from the does
    IMG_0166.jpg
    And here is his ladies
    IMG_0174.jpg
    Keeper due 12/20 (super excited about this doe she is one of my favorites and it’s her first time!)
    IMG_0171.jpg
    Cammie due 12/14
    IMG_0173.jpg
    Domino due 12/14
    IMG_0170.jpg
    Cali due 12/19
    IMG_0200.jpg
    Jasmine due 12/15
    IMG_0178.jpg
    Taffy due 12/15
    IMG_0195.jpg
    Star fire due 12/13
    IMG_0172.jpg
    Chili, I’m not sure if she is really bred, I bought her at the tail end of having the bucks with the does. I’ll AI her later if she is
    IMG_0168.jpg
    Bambi due 12/14
    IMG_0175.jpg
    Sally due 12/14
    IMG_0177.jpg
    Gypsy, I didn’t see her covered but she also went in with the buck late because she is my sons show doe
    And Dazzle who I don’t have a picture of is due 12/19.
    I also missed one of Lamar’s girls lol (I’m a mess!)
    IMG_0201.jpg
    Jule no idea when she is due

2. SalteyLove

SalteyLove Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    New England
    YAYYYYY TWO FACED SALLY!

Jessica your herd looks more beautiful each year! And more colorful of course!

I think Cammie wins for overall circumference!!

3. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Wow..you are going to be sooooo busy! Your girls are gorgeous! They are all very healthy. Your new buck is very nice. So is your main buck. I cant wait to see the kidds! Keep me posted please!

Jessica84 likes this.
  4. I'm not a boer fan but man your herd is gorgeous!! And look at those big mama bellies!!!

Iluvlilly! and Jessica84 like this.
  5. Jessica84

Oct 27, 2011
    California
    Thank you so much SalteyLove! I really went threw and sold my less then stellar does, which a lot it broke my heart. There was nothing wrong with them other then they were not as good of quality. I’ll probably keep a lot of does this year but attempt not to get to crazy lol
    Moers kiko boars, both bucks are new to me. I did get to see a few of Lamar’s kids when I got him, which honestly if it wasn’t for the kids I might have passed on him lol so hopefully he does good for me. Snot, the young guy is starting to grow on me.
    Thank you Jubillee!

6. mariella

mariella Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2017
    Prague Oklahoma
    Wow, Cammie is huge!!!
    Good luck!

Jessica84 and Tbs4life2000 like this.
  7. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Hey...ill take ANY of your culls! With what I am seeing...in those big mamas...you are going to have amazing new herd. Any you dont like....please let me know. I would definately be interested...i cant wait to see the pics!

Iluvlilly! and Jessica84 like this.
  8. GoofyGoat

GoofyGoat Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    @Jessica84
    You have a gorgeous herd! Sounds like you had better plan on getting an extra 2 hours of sleep per day prior to the first due date because after that sleep deprivation will be the norm. This way You might break even LOL.;)
    Anyway I'll be watching to see what your new bucks add to the mix, it's exciting thinking about all your new keeper does ..I'm sure they'll be spectacular!
    Best of luck

Jessica84 likes this.
  9. Suzanne_Tyler

Suzanne_Tyler GreenTGoats

Jul 19, 2014
    US
    I've been waiting for this thread :D:D They all look amazing as always lol

Jessica84 likes this.
  10. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  11. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Herd looks great! Good luck!

Jessica84 likes this.
  12. Jessica84

Oct 27, 2011
    California
    Thank you guys for the kind words! It really means a lot to me.
    Cammie is big, I thought she was big last year and she gave me a single, so I’m going to guess twins on her. She seems to carry more up and out. Xena is probably the biggest this year. She’s a older lady and is low and out. She has always given me triplets so probably that again. But I try not to guess lol
    I have figured this sleep thing out lol when they kid I sleep when ever I can! I hate to say it out loud but usually they are pretty good about kidding during the day time. They will probably change this year because I still have so much to do to get ready for these kids. I like to wait till the last minute so it comes faster but I think I waited too long this time lol

GoofyGoat and toth boer goats like this.
  13. CountyLineAcres

CountyLineAcres Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2014
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio
    Wow! You got some flashy color. ️ Good luck during kidding season. It’s the best time of the year!

Jessica84 likes this.
  14. Jessica84

Oct 27, 2011
    California
    Thank you! And I agree! Usually about the time I feel like throwing the towel in it’s kidding time and all the hard work and frustration is worth it. This year it’s got to heal heartbreak since we lost our favorite doe Saturday to a freak accident.

15. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Oh no...im so sorry. That is awful. I know for me...once the ordeal of the labor..and edge of your seat deliveries..i still cant breath right during those times. When that little one wiggles and wobbles to stand....I swear. I see a live angel. It heals all my heartaches..and gives me such hope for that day. Its a fresh new day.
    I hope your kidding season is exciting and full of the fresh new life excitement. Im sure all your girls know you have worked hard and loved them alot. And they are just as excited as you are...you can see it. They are amazing.. because of what you do!

16. GoofyGoat

GoofyGoat Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    Oh no! I'm so sorry about your doe. That's so sad. I'm praying you have an amazing Kidding season exceeding all expectations to help you heal. ((HUGS))

17. Jessica84

Oct 27, 2011
    California
    Thank you. It was and still is such a shock! Her horns went threw the 4X4 square panels and then back threw at a angle and she couldn’t get out. I’m sure someone butted her and broke her neck. I couldn’t even get her out, she was stuck! I had to get bolt cutters to get her out.
    But your right, when they start trying to stand, or when they are snuggly and when they start to play it just warms my heart.
    But all the girls are doing well. Almost all of them has a nice udder on them. I need to get SalteyLove a picture of Sally’s cute little udder. I doubt she will make enough milk to be a milker but she squats right down and lets you feel it. She is such a easy going sweetheart.

18. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  19. goatblessings

goatblessings Fair-Haven Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Southwest Ohio
    So sorry for the loss of your doe... very hard I'm sure. But ONLY 34??? I need to take a nap for you!

20. Jessica84

Oct 27, 2011
    California
    This will be a walk in the park! I usually have 60-70 to have kids. It’s actually not that bad though, especially when most are due about the same time. I’ll be out checking no matter if it’s 1 or 10 due. It’s when they actually kid all at the same time it gets a little crazy. Last year I started locking them in a smaller pasture/pen when it’s time to kid and that was such a life saver! Before they were on 5 acres and going from one end to the other 100X checking and moving them to stalls was killing me. Although it was a great weight loss plan :p