Anderson Ranch waiting

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by AndersonRanch, Oct 25, 2020.

1. AndersonRanch

AndersonRanch Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2020
    California
    I had a few minutes today while filling up anything that holds water for when the power goes out so figured I would get this thing going! I have a little over a month before kids start hitting the ground.
    First are the boys. No recent pictures until they put some weight on. It’s been a super weird year and they seem to be in even more rut the last month then they were with the ladies so they are distracted and not getting the TLC I’m attempting to give them.........seriously if I could live without bucks I would!
    So first up is Snot......ok I already lied no recent pictures coming of him because I sold his stupid fence jumping butt!
    IMG_3614.jpg
    Next is Lamar, my only boy who hasn’t ticked me off this year lol
    IMG_3615.jpg
    And a baby picture or Titan, I’m not sure why I can’t find more recent pictures of him, I know I took some! He is 18 months old now
    IMG_3617.jpg
    And my AI baby (who is on my list today!) Son of a Gun AKA Sonny who is now a year old.
    IMG_3616.jpg
    I think I have all the ladies pictures. I’m not totally sure they all are bred just yet (seriously a very weird year!) so I might end up having two kidding seasons this year.
    But first up is Bootsie bred for Snot due 11/25
    DSC_0065.jpg
    Gypsy Bred to Snot due 11/26
    DSC_0006.jpg
    Ginger bred to Lamar due 11/28
    DSC_0030.jpg
    Bambi bred to Snot due 11/28
    DSC_0055.jpg
    Rosie bred for Lamar due 11/29
    DSC_0048.jpg
    Star Fire, reason #1 of 8 I sold Snot lol maybe bred to Sonny, maybe commercial kids. I only have one due date on her for 11/29 and gave her lute and did not witness a heat again but for sure bred
    DSC_0081.jpg
    Domino, same story just I need to ultrasound to see if she is even bred
    DSC_0039.jpg
    Sally, didn’t give lute so commercial kids due 11/29
    DSC_0045.jpg
    Cherry, need to ultrasound and black out bred to Titan due 12/2 both first timers
    DSC_0071.jpg
    Glitter bred to snot due 11/30
    DSC_0019.jpg
    Anna bred for snot due 11/30
    DSC_0068.jpg
    Bella bred for Lamar due 12/1
    DSC_0072.jpg
    Barbie another depends when she kids and a first timer
    DSC_0021.jpg
    Cammie same story
    DSC_0032.jpg
    Daphne first timer bred to Lamar due 12/1
    DSC_0020.jpg
    Thunder bred to Titan due 12/2
    IMG_3613.jpg
    Carmella bred for Lamar due 12/3
    DSC_0022.jpg
    Dakota first timer bred to Lamar due 12/5 and I ultrasounded her and she has twins
    DSC_0067.jpg
    Sparkles bred to Titan due 12/5
    DSC_0069.jpg
    Godiva Jr first timer bred to Snot due 12/8
    DSC_0078.jpg
    And my heck if I knows
    Twilight for sure bred to Lamar........oh hang on I have too many pictures lol

2. AndersonRanch

Oct 17, 2020
    California
    Ok twilight
    DSC_0034.jpg
    Cinderella bred to Snot
    DSC_0086.jpg
    Taffy bred to snot
    DSC_0075.jpg
    Jule bred to Titan
    DSC_0023.jpg
    Cali bred to Titan
    DSC_0074.jpg
    Puzzle bred to Snot
    DSC_0057.jpg
    Missy bred to snot
    DSC_0076.jpg
    And Jasmine I actually AIed her last week so fingers crossed (she’s the black dapple daphne photo bombed her!)
    DSC_0073.jpg
    And that should be it this is the least amount of does I’ve had since I first started so should be a breeze......I sure hope so at least lol

Feira426, ksalvagno, MadHouse and 3 others like this.

3. MellonFriend

MellonFriend Well-Known Member

I can't wait to see your pretty babies to match your beautiful does! :goatkiss: :clapping:

I like the llama by the way. :lolgoat:

4. Sfgwife

Sfgwife Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    Goodness i need goats from you! Beautiful herd.

5. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    I AM SO PROUD OF YOU! Hubby out fighting California fires..You taking care of everything..And Still GOT YOUR WAITING LIST DONE! :squish:
    I CANT WAIT TO SEE YOUR KIDDS! I always get soooooo excited. I Love ALL YOUR SPOTS! ...:hubbahubba:

6. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

Beautiful! Exciting!
    Wow, that’s the lowest number you’ve had!?!
    Good luck with all of them!

7. I was thinking wow that's a lot less does!! Lol. They're all so pretty though.

And our bucks are rutting heavy too...they've got all kinds of extras to build weight and they ignore. I've been way to familiar with fence jumping bucks this season. Never before...what is up?? I was about to ban all bucks from this property HAHA. Now that everyone is bred, no more fence jumping BUT still rutty as can be. Sigh.

8. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Everyone looks great! Good luck!

9. SalteyLove

SalteyLove Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    New England
    You have an alpaca??

Sally is looking oh so lovely! I forgive her for crushing your plastic balling gun :)

It was a my first year with my buck jumping fences too. No fun. I also have notes like this "if she kids this date, this buck, but this date, the other buck..." Not a simple estimated due dates calendar that I like to post on my fridge!

10. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  11. AndersonRanch

Oct 17, 2020
    California
    I have no idea what the issue is with the bucks this year but they are driving me nuts! Snot I think his issue was that Sonny was SO loud when one of his girls came into heat. Even then he went over and threw fencing and hot fence like it was nothing. It’s going to possibly be bad enough with the girls that might end up having commercial kids but if he got it in his head to go to all the other boys pens too that would really hurt. So he now lives where it’s welded pipe 6’ tall and doing great lol
    Yes that is Tina the alpaca. She’s a good girl and probably the best $150 I ever spent. She is a scare crow but she loves her goats and really loves new borns. If she’s not with the herd I know that one has snuck off to kid because she sticks to them like glue.
    Thank you everyone. I am sure hoping for a nice easy kidding. But it is 2020 so in a way I’m kinda dreading it as well to a degree.

12. MellonFriend

MellonFriend Well-Known Member

Oops I assumed she was a llama. My bad. :oops2:

13. SalteyLove

SalteyLove Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    New England
    Her ears are too small for a llama! BUT Jessie has you fooled with the name as I believe Tina is a movie reference to Napoleon Dynamite which is a llama!

14. AndersonRanch

Oct 17, 2020
    California
    Well it would make more sense that one would have a llama that could protect the goats and not a little alpaca lol but don’t ask her what she is she will tell you she’s a goat.
    When I got her and the male (which was a total turd!) my husband was SO mad at me! He finally said I could keep them (yeah I was keeping anyways) as long as he could name her Tina. Since it would have solved a huge fight I let him name her Tina.
    And that Sally! She may not be the thickest thing but she is by far the best goat we have. She is such a sweet heart and we all love her. Even my dad says the only one he likes is that two faced goat lol that’s why she didn’t get any lute. Her kids would probably be commercial anyways and I wasn’t going to risk her being able to have kids in any way.

15. AndersonRanch

Oct 17, 2020
    California
    Ok Godiva Jr is going to have kids 5 months from today lol I guess I’ll be having my 2 kidding seasons after all. It looks like missy might also be in heat but after dealing with that spoiled brat and getting her into a buck I had no more go in me. I don’t know how people hand breed. They are either tougher then I am or their goats are a lot better at leading then mine lol

16. GoofyGoat

GoofyGoat Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    Got to admit this years gonna be amazing for you and your does! Wow!
    Is Dakota new? I don’t remember her from last year. Poor ol Rosie, she’s huge again!
    I’m going to be drooling when the girls pop!

17. TexasGoatMan

TexasGoatMan Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Dekalb, Texas
    You got some really good looking Boers there !! I look forward to the stories after the kidding season is over. Take care

18. Calistar

Calistar Well-Known Member

Ahhhh I love the alpaca!!! I'll trade a pig for her :p

I'm a dairy goat person, but you've got a beautiful herd! I hope your kidding season is kinder to you than the rest of the year has been!

19. AndersonRanch

Oct 17, 2020
    California
    Poor Rosie is always big lol she won’t fool me this year though. I thought for sure quads last year but only twins, that sneaky girl lol
    Dakota is my soon to me 2 year old. I don’t know if you remember a nasty doe I had, Nutters, she was always over the top mean when she had kids and I waited 10 years for a doe kid out of her. Not that I necessarily liked her personality but she was a nice looking doe and the first decent quality doe I bought. Anyways she had twins (well actually triplets but one was DOA) and I pulled the little girl (Dakota) so she would t be mean like mom. She is the total opposite of her mother. I’m pretty sure she lives in lala land most of the time lol
    Lol that alpaca is probably a total waste of feed but she makes me laugh just by the things she does. She has small man syndrome and it is so funny. I hear about how goats and alpacas shouldn’t be together because the goats will pick on the alpacas. That is not the case with her. She is not pushy but when she claims her spot at the feeder if anyone pushes on her she spits right in their face and they back off. She doesn’t like to be touched but I just adore the fuzz ball.
    If I brought a pig home after the last ones I would probably have to find a new place to live. I keep telling the husband the kune kune are NOT like the last ones I had but he won’t go for it :/

20. GoofyGoat

GoofyGoat Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    Ok, so that's the nutters girl! Yes, I remember her....well Dakota is just plain adorable!
    Poor Rosie a walking land whale again but still...ya never know ;) (trips this year I think)
    I'm not allowed a pig either...lol ;) However, you might mention to hubby that kune kunes can help with the houses fireline and that might help...