Anderson Ranch waiting

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by AndersonRanch, Oct 25, 2020.

1. bisonviewfarm

bisonviewfarm Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2015
    CO
    Gorgouse babys! And glad your little buckling is ok.

2. SalteyLove

SalteyLove Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    New England
    Oooooo Cinderella's doeling is catching my eye as a stand out!

Why are Cinderella's buckling and Bella's Frozen doeling #2 the stand outs for you? I'm always curious to hear as I think judging young kids is so tough!

Thunder's tiny doeling is just SO dang cute! Has her growth been good despite the small start? Looks like it!

3. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

What a gorgeous, healthy and happy looking bunch!

4. MellonFriend

MellonFriend Well-Known Member

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful kids! :inlove::inlove::inlove:

5. AndersonRanch

AndersonRanch Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2020
    California
    Thank you guys. I’m pretty proud of these kids even though they are the most stubborn kids yet! Every day I shove them in the creep feeder and they laugh at their grain and come out. Hopefully they start figuring it out soon.
    Salteylove Cinderella’s is definitely my favorite! If I didn’t have a good friend that wanted to add a few good dapples to her herd I would keep her in a heart beat.
    The buckling I wanted to keep a 100% Snot boy from him since I sold him. I’m not 100% committed to keeping him just yet but mostly just hanging onto him to see if he is worth keeping. Right now I’m happy with his width and length but we will see what happens.
    The frozen girl I was going to keep both since I love that line! That goes back to Godiva. If she does end up being nothing to get exited about I’ll sell her but I want to hang onto her to be sure. I have regretted so selling many over the years so I have learned just hang onto them until you know for sure. Carmella’s and one of Anna’s are probably my next favorite but I already have keeper out of them and money would be nice this year :/ I’m having mixed feelings about building my numbers back up or keeping it kinda smallish.
    Mini is growing really well! She seems to focus more on growing out then up, at least it seems like it to me. I know I have been able to raise the lamb bar up a few inches, she is just so much smaller then the rest it’s hard to tell that she is growing. She makes me laugh every day though being out with the other kids. She just joins right in like she’s a big girl not half their size lol

6. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Ok...:hubbahubba: habbing truble talking(slurp) :lolgoat::happygoat::goatkiss:..Love love love all those kids. Another BEAUTIFUL HERD! SO PROUD OF YOU & YOUR GIRLS! :neat:

7. MadHouse

This was the year of the fires, and Covid 19, and your kids are beautiful and plentiful and healthy! So happy for you!

8. AndersonRanch

Oct 17, 2020
    California
    Awww thank you Moers. I’m getting there. I do have to admit I get more and more pleased with my kids every year.
    MadHouse you are absolutely right! They are healthy, not too many losses so I will take it!

9. SalteyLove

Jun 18, 2011
    New England
    Hey Jessica - how are all the kids growing? You have a few does due in March right?

I supposed I need to do a waiting thread myself. It's easier to ask other people about theirs baha!

10. AndersonRanch

Oct 17, 2020
    California
    Lol I understand, it seems life is so crazy and busy any more so I myself have been terrible about taking pictures of kids :/ but yes you need to start a waiting thread. I love seeing your goats and what they have.
    Kids are doing great! I think this is one of my better years with my kids. There are only 2 I’m not super thrilled about and they are Dakotas. She is a FF, bottom of the pecking order and lives in lala land so she gets a pass this time.
    But yes I start back up next month. If Jasmine did take for the AI she is due March 17, then Olympia is due the 26, Cali and Citori are due the 21 and I haven’t checked them yet but puzzle is the 23 and missy and cherry are supposed to be due may 4th. And then I get to start getting them all ready to breed again after that lol gosh it’s going to be a long year lol

11. SalteyLove

Jun 18, 2011
    New England
    Kids in May?!? My my, tell your gals they better keep those breedings grouped closer together for 2022 so you can get it done and over with in one go!

12. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    @SalteyLove I would live to see your waiting thread! Ive been begging @AndersonRanch for pictures. But shes always got soooo much to do. I mean 2 kids ,goats, cattle, hubby,house, helps with 4H..xrays..& works..I mean..she has sooo much time..right? :bonk:.
    So please share your girls & kids with us!

13. MadHouse

How are all the gorgeous kids doing?
    And the two dairy sisters, how are they? Are they in with the whole herd?