Anderson Ranch waiting

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by AndersonRanch, Oct 25, 2020.

1. AndersonRanch

AndersonRanch Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2020
    California
    That’s a good idea goofygoat! And I have a bunch of yarn. It will only be a few days late so it won’t stay on very long.
    Yeah I know salteylove I’m pretty sure I’m going to have to cull him but I will just be out more feed if he is no good. I wish I could just get him semen tested now and know the answer but I can’t. He was defiantly vocal and boy acting, which I think was half the reason why Snot was so bad. Sonny never shut up! So it’s not like he was a shy boy. I don’t know. I’ll get it figured out. Feeding one buck for another 7 months and giving him 1 or 2 girls to see if he’s good (if none of these have his kids) isn’t the end of the world. But I know my luck and I was so over the moon that I got his dam to settle when I AIed so that is working against me too lol

2. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Hey girl. I cant help but think the fires, the stress of fires being close. The awful smoke filled air had alot to do with the breeding. He is young, and been through alot of stress and fear. I know 7 months is a long time to feed a questionable buck. But with his bloodlines..it would only take 1 good kid to pay for that feeding. Can you image what 10 or 12 good kidds would bring?
    Chin up...you are doing great. I cant wait to see what happens in the next few days at your place. And very interested in the next 5 months.(highfive):oohlala::love:

3. AndersonRanch

Oct 17, 2020
    California
    It could have been the smoke. I really don’t know but your right he is worth seeing if he is any good before I throw the towel in. Not like I have time to ship him now anyways so we will see what happens along the way.
    I FINALLY got everything ready for this show, I have to run to the feed store and get straw and my ear tags will be here tomorrow. Bootsie, who I’m watching first usually won’t let me within 10 feet of her and last night I was pushing her trying to her her up to check her and she just chewed her cud and told me to get lost lol this morning she let me feel her ligs, which are there, but she must be feeling pretty miserable to let me even touch her. I think Barbie is going to beat her though. I never got pictures but I will work on that today.

MadHouse and Moers kiko boars like this.
  4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Smoke is bad in many ways.

MadHouse and Moers kiko boars like this.
  5. AndersonRanch

Oct 17, 2020
    California
    Well i got a few pooch shots before I realized I left the water on lol so hey that’s something right lol my poor first timers I swear if they sneeze they are going to fly out. How do they get so......floppy so fast compared to the others lol
    But don’t mind the mud, we got some much needed rain and hard dews in the morning which I will NOT complain about!
    But here is bootsie she’s first up she is being a lover and I think I’m getting a cold so should be soon!
    IMG_3776.jpg
    Barbie this poor girl if I went off her girly bits I would have thought she was ready almost two months ago lol IMG_3775.jpg
    Star fire IMG_3777.jpg
    Ginger IMG_3778.jpg
    Black out, another FF IMG_3779.jpg

6. MellonFriend

MellonFriend Well-Known Member

Oh my word, they are so wide! I can't believe they can expand that much.

7. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Awwwww :hubbahubba: looks like Ive got some Pretty kidds comeing! Cant WAIT...SO EXCITING!!!!! :waiting: :waiting: :waiting:
    :wow:

MadHouse and AndersonRanch like this.
  8. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Lol. You got some time. Non look like they have dropped yet. Some nice udders

Moers kiko boars and MadHouse like this.
  9. AndersonRanch

Oct 17, 2020
    California
    I know I do this every year, but they sure don’t seem wide to me lol I was just REALLY looking at them and thinking I’m going to have a bunch of singles. I have learned I suck at predicting what they have so I’m ready for a million of them lol
    Moers I sure hope I have a bunch of good ones. I hope bootsie has a little girl. I’m going to keep that. She was Xenas first kidding so she is getting up there in age and I want my Xena line to keep going. I only have Bootsie and Hereford out of Xena and I don’t know how much of Herefords crap I can take before she goes and finds a new zip code :/ so it’s up to old Bootsie to keep it going.

10. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  11. AndersonRanch

Oct 17, 2020
    California
    Thank you they are defiantly coming along. I’m sure they will wait until thanksgiving to kid. Not that I’m doing anything lol it will just be me and the kids but they don’t know that :p
    Jule had a bunch of mucus today. I don’t think it will be tonight but maybe she will show Bootsie what’s up. Jule is the one that bad the odd ball cow tongue feeling things in her and had to go to the vet to pull the kid last year. Hopefully whatever that was all came out and it will be a normal delivery.

12. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Oooh good luck and happy kidding

13. AndersonRanch

Oct 17, 2020
    California
    Bambi’s red dapple buckling and red doeling IMG_3805.jpg
    Bootsie bucklings IMG_3804.jpg it all went smooth and that’s all I care about lol

14. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

Congratulations on the first cuties! :inlove:
    So glad all went well!

15. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Ohhhhh look at those adorable Dappled boys and reds! Soooo Preciouse:nod:...dont stop now....its getting good...lol lol :imok: Hope you can get some rest...before the other does get started! Very very nice kidds! As always!!!!:kid3::kid3::kid2::kid2::kid::kid::kid3:

MadHouse and AndersonRanch like this.
  16. AndersonRanch

Oct 17, 2020
    California
    Thank you guys! I’m so happy it went smooth too. As long as it keeps it up I’ll be happy. Both of them were just bam one kid after another. Of course though this was after HOURS of baby talking.
    Oh I have more coming just hopefully not until tomorrow. My beautiful day turned cold and windy so I’ll be up all night making sure nothing that gets born will get chilled.

17. GoofyGoat

GoofyGoat Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    Awwwwww! Handsome boys and a sweet little lady! Congratulations! It’s about time something went easy for you :)
    I can’t wait for the rest of the babies!

18. SalteyLove

SalteyLove Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    New England
    It's always exciting to see the "attached a file" notification on your kidding thread! Hooray for a great winter kickoff! What are temps in your area right now?

19. AndersonRanch

Oct 17, 2020
    California
    Aww thank you goofygoat! I’m not going to lie I had mixed feelings about kidding. I always love babies of course but I’ve had a few disheartening kidding seasons before and really was dreading another one. I hope I didn’t just jinx myself but today was a good start for sure.
    Ok salteylove I’m sure all you back East people will laugh at me lol but today was 59 and tonight will be 30. No that’s not terrible but we are supposed to get 40mph winds tonight. Again probably laughing at me, but that’s cold for us. But that wind just really chills the babies if they don’t get up and eat fast and for some reason these does have been on strike about their shelter unless it’s raining. I think they might not like the light I have in there that I turned on (shrug).