Anderson Ranch waiting

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by AndersonRanch, Oct 25, 2020.

1. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

2. SalteyLove

SalteyLove Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    New England
    Oh no! I'm not laughing at you. Newborns really can get chilled so quickly even in 50* if the doe chooses the wrong spot or is driven away by more dominant animals. And nobody wants to deal with neonatal pneumonia a few days later or worse. I'm am obsessive checker at kidding season as well. I actually begin having nightmares several weeks before!

3. SalteyLove

Jun 18, 2011
    New England
    I AM laughing about your does boycotting the shelter due to the light. I'm currently in a fight with four bucklings/young wethers about a rug that I want to hang over their barn doorway as a wind block. They are MORTALLY TERRIFIED of that darn rug. I had the nerve to hang it over their gate to air it out and now I can't even get them in the pen! Never mind hang it in the doorway...

4. AndersonRanch

AndersonRanch Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2020
    California
    Lol they do NOT do change we at all! I am definitely laughing about the rug lol they know the light is not going to eat them alive, they have to go threw the house to get to their water. The only thing I can figure is they feel more comfortable being out in the open and dark so they can spot predators better. Who knows. I supply the shelter it’s up to them to use it lol

5. AndersonRanch

Oct 17, 2020
    California
    Baby pictures! They are such healthy little turds! IMG_3818.jpg IMG_3813.jpg IMG_3812.jpg IMG_3814.jpg
    And Barbie keeps wondering off by herself so I think she might go today. Or maybe Braxton hick or gas, time will tell lol

Iluvlilly!, Tanya, weisacres and 5 others like this.
  6. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

Beautiful!!
    Happy to hear they are so healthy!

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  8. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    They are Sooooo Cute & Healthy! They are good looking kids!

AndersonRanch and MadHouse like this.
  9. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

10. AndersonRanch

Oct 17, 2020
    California
    They are so stinking cute! They make me happy just watching them.
    Barbie had a red dapple buck and a black doeling. IMG_3831.jpg IMG_3830.jpg

11. SalteyLove

Jun 18, 2011
    New England
    So.... Just in case you were breeding for color.... Every dapple has been a buck so far right? :haha:

12. AndersonRanch

Oct 17, 2020
    California
    Lol they don’t listen to me AT ALL!! I told them, solid colored boys dapple girls, and look what I get! Now If I was in the market to keep most of my doelings I would let the dapples bucks slide since I do like solid colored the best but I would rather some money this year so they are all in trouble right now :p

13. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

14. AndersonRanch

Oct 17, 2020
    California
  15. AndersonRanch

Oct 17, 2020
    California
    Well I definitely worked for these babies today! Twilight had a buck and then a doe. She kept getting up and down so went in and head down between the front legs. I have honestly never had to deal with that one. I’ve had a few that did it but was lucky and my mom was around (who is awesome at odd ball positions). That is defiantly a hard one especially with a skinny 14 year old holding her. But get a little red dapple girl out IMG_3848.jpg
    Ginger was pushing in the middle of the Twilight issue but for the do anything about it. When I got done I looked and nothing so washed my hands and went in and a breech. Pulled him, it was a little rough, her hormones were nuts but since she had the first one to occupy her I just went for the next one, head only. Got one leg up and pulled and it came out. The third was head only got one leg but wouldn’t come, pushed it back in and found the second leg and got it out. 3 buck kids IMG_3849.jpg
    And my crazy little black out first timer I thought for sure would have issues but she pushed those suckers out like it was nothing and had them up and eating in no time. She is considered my best goat today lol and here is Titans first buck kids :/ IMG_3846.jpg
    And hopefully the rest hurry and just get this all over with after today :p

16. (dance):hubbahubba: those babies are so beautiful. Ahhh I want to snuggle them all. Such fun with so many surprises in one day lol. But sorry ypu had to intervene...I really hate having to. We had a head down legs back last time....ugh goats lol...but those beauties are so worth it!!

17. AndersonRanch

Oct 17, 2020
    California
    Thank you! They were defiantly worth the hard work. I’ll be crying about my body tomorrow but still lol
    Well the plan was early dinner and go to bed early since I have to unload cows at 12:30 tonight BUT Rosie said sorry your day is not over just yet. Rosie is in BIG trouble at the moment .......as I sit out here with her freezing. They were doing so good about day time babies :/ IMG_3851.jpg