Anderson Ranch waiting

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by AndersonRanch, Oct 25, 2020.

1. AndersonRanch

AndersonRanch Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2020
    California
    I know I don’t know why she had to go. I was gone maybe 10 minutes :/ and it was of course a beautiful little girl.
    But this morning went better. Woke up to check the girls and Bella had two limp very cold girls on the ground. Grabbed the hair dryer, heating pad and towels and went to work on them. A hour and a half later they were moving around wanting to eat. So these are my frozen girls Elsa and Anna lol I’ll get better pictures after a bit. I’m just so happy they are doing well and keep forgetting my phone in the house. If no one has any more kids today I won’t complain one bit! But I’m sure someone will this afternoon since I plan on getting hay later today. IMG_3875.jpg

2. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    So are you going to teach them their song? LET IT GO....LET IT GOOOOOOO!
    From Frozen..right? Such sweet little ones....:love::love::love::love:

3. GoofyGoat

GoofyGoat Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    Gorgeous babies as always. I’m so sorry you lost the little doeling:(
    Great job getting the two warmed up and nursing. I hope you can get your hay run done before kidding resumes.
    Hugs from Texas!

4. Ana

Ana Active Member

Jan 29, 2020
    Gallatin TN
    Awwee they are gorgeous have fun with them!

5. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

Great job saving two frozen princesses!!! :goodjob:

6. AndersonRanch

Oct 17, 2020
    California
    Lol I’m sure they will THINK they are singing but they will probably be loud mouths like their mom lol
    Sorry it took so long. I’m not sure why I thought it would be a easy day if no one had kids ugh. But I got a lot done and finally remembered to bring the phone out while Savanna and I bottle fed the two babies, which she named hers Pickles lol I didn’t get my hay run done BUT I did con my brother into going for me in the AM so breakfast will be late but it will come.
    Here are the frozen girls. I’m already a bit sentimental towards them :/ IMG_3888.jpg

7. GoofyGoat

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    They look As snug as a bug in a rug! I love their ginger coloring they’re too sweet. :)
    I’m glad your brother took over getting hay for you, that’s awesome... no hungry mommas ;)

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  9. AndersonRanch

Oct 17, 2020
    California
    I THINK I am done for the day. What a day! Thunder had triplets, two jumbo boys and a tiny girl. IMG_3889.jpg
    I only have wet picture. Thunder is over me trying to get her little one latched on her. But I took the girl, she is totally mine to raise (don’t mind my messy “dog bed”)
    IMG_3896.jpg
    Dakota has two girls. She is such a good mommy.
    IMG_3894.jpg
    Then Glitter had 2 boys IMG_3898.jpg
    And Taffy has a giant boy
    IMG_3897.jpg
    I think I have 4 more to kid very soon and Domino and Daphne must have bred later then I thought. A break would be ok after these last ones lol

10. AndersonRanch

Oct 17, 2020
    California
    So many! I counted what I have and 29 out there 30 Counting the one I lost. I love seeing them all out there though and really love going out in the middle of the night and seeing them all snuggled together in the barn.......I have a bob cat roaming around so they are forced in at night right now.

11. GoofyGoat

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    Oh geez, that’s a lot of babies! They’re all amazing though.
    Bobcats worry me. That’s how I wound up with my bottle baby Thalia her momma was killed by a bobcat. It Smelled the afterbirth and got her Then I got Thalia 5 days later (Star, Thalia’s mom belonged to a friend)
    I hope you get a good shot at it so it leaves your goats alone.
    Glad you get a bit of a break, you’ve definitely earned it!

12. AndersonRanch

Oct 17, 2020
    California
    Wellll we just passed something here where I can not legally shot the dang thing. I have to wait for it to attack and then call the state trapper to deal with it. But the first time I saw him he was not overly close and just hunting squirrels. No big deal since we have a over abundance of them this year. But the next day he was a lot closer to the back pasture, which I have the goats locked out of. My dumb dog saw it and went after it and treed it. I haven’t seen it since but I’m keep a eye out for him and have the shotgun ready. I technically can’t kill it but if he gets sprayed with BBs I’m sure he won’t want to hang around after that. I don’t think it would mess with the does but kids are such tempting little things. Just watching them bounce around I can totally see why wildlife would go after them.

13. GoofyGoat

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    SSS if it goes after them, once they know there’s free food they don’t have to work too hard for they’ll be back...
    Bobcats are opportunistic hunters by nature and no law can change the nature of a beast...
    Just sayin....

14. AndersonRanch

Oct 17, 2020
    California
    No I absolutely agree with you! I just don’t know if they have tracking chips like the mountain lions do. Honestly If it comes down to it I’m shouting it. I have a right to defend my livestock and if they slap me with a fine then they slap me with a fine, they just better take payment or baby goats lol
    They are defiantly smart. There was a few times as a kid I had to stay up all night long waiting for a bob cat that had figured out how to rip threw the chicken wire and get the chickens. Once they got threw one night they always kept coming back every night until we took care of it. Right now I’m just hoping the dog made enough of a impression on it he won’t come back. He wasn’t a over large cat so hopefully young enough it scared him good. Probably not but I can hope!

15. GoofyGoat

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    Fingers crossed you won’t break any laws and your dog made a lasting impression. I just would keep my guard up.
    Hang in there!

16. GoofyGoat

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    Forgot to ask...
    How’s Thunders little doeling doing?

17. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Loving all the litte ones your girls have been giving you! I do hope that Bobcat decided not to mess with your dog and stays away. Sorry ..fine or no fine..I would.SSS..over a fence somewhere.
    Hang in their. I know you are exhausted..but just a few more..and then a break. Well deserved break! They are all gorgeous!

18. Praying that cat leaves and doesn't think it's worth it to hang around.

But oh my that bitty little doeling is gorgeous!! I want to snuggle her. I may or may not have snuggled bottle babies in bed before hahaha