Anderson Ranch waiting

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by AndersonRanch, Oct 25, 2020.

1. AndersonRanch

AndersonRanch Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2020
    California
    Cinderella has a flashy black dapple buckling and a mostly black doeling. I thought I would be able to get a break after her but Carmella’s udder is filling up fast :/ so probably not
    IMG_3915.jpg
    And my Tiny girl because I am stinking in love with her, here she is next to a average 8.6# kid. She is going great! Woke up this morning to a super active baby and she was very sad I kept her in a stall with just her bottle sister today instead of with everyone but I don’t want her stepped on
    IMG_3916.jpg
    And my little 4H girl came and got Cinderella’s boy. I am very happy since he was SO ANNOYING lol we will see if she wants another bottle baby next year lol

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

3. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

All your kids are always soooo nice!

4. AndersonRanch

Oct 17, 2020
    California
    Thank you ksalvagno. That means a lot.
    Carmella’s worthless and had a single doeling. I’m not sure what’s up with my biggest girls giving me singles. Brats
    IMG_3923.jpg
    And it’s time to for this beautiful girl that has my heart to have her first calf. I’m all by myself so hopefully it goes smoothly
    IMG_3727.jpg IMG_3725.jpg

5. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Beautiful doeling! Cant wait to see the Minnie Dumbo has! So exciting! Shes a beauty! Nice picture...sending easy calving prayers to you!(pray):cow:

MadHouse likes this.
  6. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

Sorry to disagree, but she is worth a lot for giving a healthy doeling!! (From someone who has only had bucklings so far)
    Beautiful cow and you picture!! Good luck with calving!

7. AndersonRanch

Oct 17, 2020
    California
    Lol no she’s definitely not worthless but all the ones I thought would have a herd in there are the singles! Geeze their large behinds are not cheap to feed lol but her and Rosie did give me girls so all is forgiven.
    Dumbo had a big eared bull calf. Gosh that girl is something else. I’ve been worried sick about her and she just stood there eating and pushing and had this shocked look on her face when something flopped out lol. It’s not a small calf either! But once she smelled it she went right to work cleaning him. It’s too dark for pictures but I will get one tomorrow. This guy is kinda a special dude. Last year we decided to try something new, we for years have always bought black angus bulls and only from 2 breeders. Dad decided to try something new, which the whole old cow boy set in his ways is the best way to explain him. He went up to some fancy bull sale, paid a LOT of money and got a simmental bull. This is Bobs very first calf. So we all have been excited to see this calf.

8. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
  9. AndersonRanch

Oct 17, 2020
    California
    Lol good old bob. Joshua couldn’t remember Simmental and kept calling him the ox tail bull lol so it stuck and he’s ox tail bob lol that’s usually the idea of half these odd ball names come about around here. His bull he named ratchet, yeah say that out load, the first part being rat and that’s what we though he named him lol

10. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Pictures pleeeeeezzz?

Iluvlilly! and MadHouse like this.
  11. AndersonRanch

Oct 17, 2020
    California
    IMG_3930.jpg
    Here’s baby bob lol
    Dumbo is not being a overly great mother. I think she might be a bit sore in her udder, defiantly sore from me getting those stupid plugs out last night! Gosh I have never seen plugs that hard to get out! I might have to get her in the chute and milk her down though, that might make everything easier for her.......also restock my colostrum.
    On the goat front nothing so far, which is good because my my sisters goats also started kidding so if she runs into a issue I can run over and help her.

12. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

What a cutie!!
    I hope the mom feels better soon.

13. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Ohhhhh makes me want calves again! He is a cutie! Nice stout legs! Good looking boy!
    Darn on the goat front....Im ready for some Black dapples :waiting:

14. He is too cute! We're hoping for a cow this next spring, I adore them. That tiny little girl, gah she's so precious...so tiny but I love her colors.

15. GoofyGoat

GoofyGoat Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    What a sweet little guy! Yay. Congrats :)

16. AndersonRanch

Oct 17, 2020
    California
    It’s a good thing he’s cute because he lacks some smarts lol or maybe he was a goat in his past life now that I think about it. I worked ALL day with him trying to show him there is 3 other teats to nurse from, it doesn’t HAVE to be that one. Nurse the others instead of crying. I’ll get him latched onto another teat and when he looses it he goes right back to his back teat. And Dumbo is being so good about it. And I learned today she is a total mamas girl! My uncle tried to help me when I needed to stand up straight for a minute and Dumbo said “I don’t know you! Don’t touch me!” Lol frustrating but funny. I love that night eared girl.
    Jubillee cows are SO MUCH fun! Their size makes things harder then goats but it is so worth it. Do you know what kind your wanting?

17. AndersonRanch

Oct 17, 2020
    California
    My sister had bought some goats from me a few years back. She only has my goats, and doesn’t have the set up for a buck so I let her bring her goats over to get bred every year. Anyways here is a little buck she had the other day. I have to admit I’m a little jealous lol IMG_3939.jpg

18. MellonFriend

MellonFriend Well-Known Member

Congrats of the calf!

Goodness gracious that is a pretty kid your sister had. Cool to know that that your lines produced that!:goodjob:

19. Originally a mini-jersey or Dexter but looking at full jerseys too!