Anderson Ranch waiting

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by AndersonRanch, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Love the little guy...and WOW:hubbahubba:on that Buckling? Snot or Lamar? Nice nice little guy.

MadHouse and Iluvlilly! like this.
  2. GoofyGoat

GoofyGoat Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    Wow, he’s a handsome little buck! Congrats to your sister :)

3. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

That is a handsome buckling! :inlove:

Moers kiko boars and Iluvlilly! like this.
  4. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

5. AndersonRanch

AndersonRanch Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2020
    California
    He’s a cool dude for sure. Would be a lot cooler if he was in my back yard and a girl though lol.
    Still waiting on the last girls to get the show on the road. But I shouldn’t complain since I’m catching up on a lot of stuff.

6. AndersonRanch

Oct 17, 2020
    California
    Well I got some cool kids now lol not as cool but still :p
    Jules 2 doelings IMG_3980.jpg
    And her buckling
    IMG_3981.jpg
    And she did a fantastic job! No vet visit no odd things in her lol
    I should have 3 more, two for sure, I need to check daphne when I get a chance, then I’ll start again in March just way less lol

7. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

:ahh:(dance):omg::up::hubbahubba:
    I want those babies. What beautiful kids

8. GoofyGoat

GoofyGoat Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    Oh my they’re gorgeous! Twin doelings you scored plus a sweet little bonus boy...yay Jules! Great job, congrats! :)

9. AndersonRanch

Oct 17, 2020
    California
    Ok I’m gonna tell on myself lol I totally thought all 3 were girls and we were so over the moon. But the boy changed his sex (no way I got mistaken lol) so I was so bummed. I really like him and he’s super cool. He actually has a little red, which you can see on his face, a few black spots and then the dark and light grey. He’s going to be extremely fun to see what his colors end up doing.

10. MadHouse

:lolgoat: That’s a thing nowadays, so we have to respect that!

11. MadHouse

I am so happy for you with all these beautiful healthy kids!!!
    You deserve this!!

Moers kiko boars likes this.
  12. AndersonRanch

Oct 17, 2020
    California
    That it is!! Lol
    I’m happy it’s going easy and they are all healthy too! I really had a bad feeling about this kidding season. Not that I think I can see the future or anything but I had a really bad feeling once before and that was the kidding seasons for heck!

Iluvlilly! and Moers kiko boars like this.
  13. MadHouse

I can relate.
    You prepared yourself for the worst, and now it’s good thing after good thing!!!
    I just hope your doe that’s off feed will get back on!

14. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    You are from Cali arent you??? Isnt that where.kids are born Neutral Gender.till they are.old enough to decide????:bonk: some people are just.stupid! Now goats? :heehee:
    So glad all 3 are good! They aRe BEAUTIFUL!

15. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

16. AndersonRanch

Oct 17, 2020
    California
    Moers some, but don’t go thinking that’s all of us :p
    Madhouse it was for sure nice expecting the worst and having everything work out. Well for the most part. I did loose a kid, had my first head down that I had to deal with by myself and I finally mastered the dreaded head only. Those have been my biggest challenge over the years. I can NEVER get the head back in or find a leg with the head out. But they were challenges that I am happy to say I beat

17. MadHouse

I just read today that an adult hen can change her sex to a rooster. It happens rarely, but it can happen.

18. AndersonRanch

Oct 17, 2020
    California
    Like just starts crowing or like she is legit a rooster now with rooster parts? I have totally been calling a friend a liar under my breath because she swears her hen lays eggs and also crows. I’m like things don’t work that way (in my mind of course lol) but maybe I’m wrong.

19. MadHouse

This is from the book “How to speak chicken”
    “Hens have only one functioning ovary; the other is typically undeveloped. An infection or hormonal change in the functioning ovary, or even a tumor that increases testosterone production, can bring on an increase in androgen that causes the development of secondary sex characteristics. It can happen to a hen later in life and often isn’t noticed by the chicken keeper until the hen’s behavior changes.
    In rare cases these hens may even produce semen, but most chickens that undergo a sex change do not produce offspring, although it can happen. The reverse change -male to female- has not been shown to occur.”
    So, your friend could be totally truthful about her hen!
    It sounds like, some start crowing and grow a bigger comb and wattles, and others do a total make over!

20. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

My chicken Liefie that died was one of those. Her mother rejected her as a hatchling. We foind out why atb3 months. She layed an egg and crowed. For about 4 months this happened. Then suddenly she stopped crowing and produced an egg a day. It happens.