Anderson Ranch waiting

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by AndersonRanch, Oct 25, 2020.

1. AndersonRanch

AndersonRanch Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2020
    California
    Well I am really happy I didn’t call BS to her face! That is so crazy though! Mother Nature is a amazing thing I’ll tell you what

2. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

She was called a hoender haan by my vet. Henrooster. Sometimes mom just doesnt keep the egg warm enough and while it developes it gets confused. Males and females are determined by rolles and heat.

3. MellonFriend

MellonFriend Well-Known Member

Hens sometimes too will start crowing in the absence of a rooster in the flock. We had that happen at our place when we were without a rooster for a while. She sure did sound funny. :rolleyes: We also think we must have had an intersex hen a while back. She was HUGE and had a huge comb, pin feather and spurs. Laid great big eggs too. She died very suddenly. It makes me wonder if she had some hormonal imbalance due to a tumor or something.

4. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Liefie died from the laming desease they can get. The vet said that she had an imbalance too. But they can do both and look like both. I found out later that they dont really live beyond 2 years

5. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Thats amazing! Who knew? Another Amazing day for TGS!

Iluvlilly! and MadHouse like this.
  6. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Hey there..I need you to post all your kids on the 2020 kidding thread. The doelings are getting beat out...we need your doelings help! :heehee:

MadHouse and Iluvlilly! like this.
  7. AndersonRanch

Oct 17, 2020
    California
    lol I for once wanted girls this year to restock my herd and for once girls are behind so I don’t think I would help it much lol
    But I will head over and update it when I get home. And I’ll work on pictures tomorrow too. They are growing so fast already

8. AndersonRanch

Oct 17, 2020
    California
    So I have SUPER exciting news to share! As I mentioned I tried to AI jasmine, 15 days later I thought she was in heat so tossed her in with Sonny. I literally just tossed her in with him and didn’t pay any attention to what happened. I figured If she wasn’t really in heat no big deal I would catch her on the next heat.
    Yesterday I ultrasounded her to get a idea If sonny is any idea. Well she is bred but she has a ton of cotyledons. Usually those don’t show up until after 60 days. I double checked with ultrasound group and they confirmed not before 60 days. If she took for the AI she would be 63 days. If sonny bred her she would have been 48 days. So I am 95% sure she took for the AI! Basically I’m sure she has AI babies but I won’t be surprised if she has kids on the later date......just a little sad lol so here is jasmines most likely baby daddy
    IMG_4080.jpg

9. Goats Rock

Goats Rock Member

Jun 20, 2011
    NE Ohio
    Nice looking boy! I love his markings!

10. SalteyLove

SalteyLove Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    New England
    Wow that's a flashy buck

AndersonRanch and MadHouse like this.
  11. CountyLineAcres

CountyLineAcres Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2014
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio
    We owned Bullseye! He was a great buck. We still have several direct kids and grandkids. His first black dappled son turns 5 years old in March.

Hope your doe took! You’ll love the kids.

12. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

13. AndersonRanch

Oct 17, 2020
    California
    CountryLineAcres yes! I remember you telling me that. I only got a few straws from Justin so I had to really debate even pulling one of his straws out. I never really hold my breath when I AI, although I guess I need to stop doing that since I’m having really good beginners luck lol I will defiantly keep you guys posted on how it turns out! So fingers crossed

14. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    I cant wait to see the wee ones! They will be amazing!

15. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Unusual color pattern, really neat looking boy. :)

16. AndersonRanch

Oct 17, 2020
    California
    He is defiantly a cool guy! He is the only one I have ever seen with that color pattern.

17. AndersonRanch

Oct 17, 2020
    California
    Well after a crazy morning cammie had 3 small underdeveloped babies and 2 normal healthy babies. No clue what was up with that just very thrilled with live kids after the first tiny baby was born, I figured she would only have DOA kids. I’m waiting to see if she ends up having 2 placentas and maybe she was bred twice or if maybe her body couldn’t support 5. I’ll get better pics but here is her buck and doeling IMG_4161.jpg

18. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Wow. That is interesting. Congrats on the live kids.

19. MellonFriend

MellonFriend Well-Known Member

So are you saying it was possible she was bred on two different dates or...? Glad they are alive!